IRC Channel back up and running

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by syngod, May 31, 2002.

1. syngod

syngod Moderator

I've just reopened channel hardware forums on the link-net family of irc servers. Feel free to come in and ask any questions you may have or come and chat with other members of the hardwareforums community.

To join the channel please visit #hardwareforums on any of the link-net servers (Server List).

Link-net is a bit different than other IRC networks in that it is an encrypted network utilizing SSL, so for information on how to set up your mirc client to work with SSL check out the following page.

If your having any trouble connecting to the network or the channel please feel free to PM me or leave a post in this thread.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks Syngod for re-opening it again! I'm gona have to download mIRC again.

3. syngod

syngod Moderator

Sorry if anyones tried to connect to the channel the last few days and got an empty room. The company that hosted the shell the # bot was running on went belly up without any notice.

I'll try to be in the room as much as possible, but until I can either find a new decent shell provider or can find someone to host a bot you may find a few times the room is empty.

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

On a side note I've disabled SSL encryption on the channel so you can join without having to tunnel through WinSSL or another SSL app.

Also once the bot situation is sorted out I will be opening a # for regular posters of the board to be able to download the latest firmware, drivers, beta and tweak software as it comes out.