Is a saphire x1950 pro supost to do this?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by cloud17, Jun 13, 2007.

1. cloud17

cloud17 Geek Trainee

My saphire x1950 pro which is good but runs quite hot if you ask me suppost to make the screen flash green when u try overlclocking it by even very small ammounts :chk: if its caus of temp what can i buy to cool it down?

2. Kastang

Kastang Geek Trainee

What is the circulation like in your case (How many Fans, what sizes, and placements) Also what is the Ambient temperature in your room where your computer is. Use Speed fan to get the current temperatures of your system (screenshot would work nicely) Also, what is the *normal* running temperature of your videocard, with no OCing.

Also, Have you cleaned out your Computer lately (most importantly, your video card -- If too much dust built up on the heatsinc then that could be the problem with the card running hot.

3. cloud17

cloud17 Geek Trainee

ok here we go. my card idles quite low caus fan is always 100%, my room aint to hot... but i have no fans at all in my case but i always have the side open, its not to old so dust shudent be a prob, but i did a stress test sorta thing my card started to reach 90'c so i stoped lmao
    [​IMG]

4. Kastang

Kastang Geek Trainee

Well, Having NO fans in your case is a bad thing really. Without proper circulation your parts are going to be hurting in the future. Having the side of your case open 24/7 really isnt too great either, it is leaving your computer too exposed to the elements.

I believe that Temp 1 is your system/motherboard which is okay - Temp 2 is your CPU temp which is way to hot on any cpu.. I dont think I have ever seen my CPU go over 40c max on full load.

It seems like circulation is your biggest problem now...This may sound weird but for testing purposes, do you happen to have a medium to large fan that you can stick in front of your computer? If you do.. Put it on the side of your computer, with the case open, and let it run for a while(pushing cool air into your open side), then look at the temperatures again.. Take a screenshot of speedfan again. If your temperatures go down, then your problem is indeed circulation.

What are your system specs? Also what kind of case do you have?

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

51* is definitely hot, but not dangerous. As a general rule of thumb, 60*C and under is within tolerance for a CPU's temperature.

Besides adding fans, the use of zip-ties to keep things out of the way would be a worthwhile investment of time and a few bucks.

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

51 degrees is ok I think, my 8800GTS @ 640/2ghz runs idle at 55 degrees and can get up to 74-84 degrees at load, so nothing to worry about, my X800XT idled at around 45 degrees and at load was around 80 degrees.

I think that 51 degrees is the CPU tho, for GPU temperature ATi Tool or Riviatuner is good to monitor those temperatures.