Is my computer case broken? Static

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by gvince, Nov 25, 2011.

  1. gvince

    gvince Geek Trainee

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I purchased a new computer case a week ago. To my excitement I quickly unboxed the case and placed it on the table. I unwrapped it from its protective cover and touched the left side of the case. As soon as I touched the case it gave me a little shock. Keep in mind this was a brand new case, there was nothing inside no PSU, or motherboard or anything like that. It was just a plain empty case. Is my case broken? Should I be worried. Or am I thinking about this way to much. What do you guys think?
  2. Ghostman 1

    Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Way too much thinking, Don't worry about it...
    NumbWarri0r likes this.
  3. Wolfeymole

    Wolfeymole Geek

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Was the case wrapped in bubble wrap or perhaps polystyrene?

    If so the friction caused by both could cause a minute amount of static and as Ghost says it's nothing to worry about.
  4. Dave35k

    Dave35k H4ck3r

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    It'll soon be earthed when your PSU is plugged in :)
  5. Big B

    Big B HWF Godfather

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    As with the rest before, this scenario isn't a problem, the dry conditions coupled with the styrofoam and plastic probably built up some charge in transit.

Share This Page