...Lame.

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by ninja fetus, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Right when I open any game, and I mean any. From Half-life to Halo. at 640x480 I get to play for about 10-14 seconds. Then my screen goes black, my sound loops with about a second loop and progressively gets faster until its like and engine purring. At 1024x768, Right when I click something in the Halo menu my screen goes black, blah blah blah

My system is actually UNDERCLOCKEd now. And no difference. Ram or video card? This is really pissing me off.
    Specs in my hardware. Oh yeah, I'm using latest omega-drivers

2. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

when was your games working before? i have had that problem before with a few games, it sounds like its a driver issue, try reinstalling both the drivers, and the game, both, or one at a time.

3. ninja fetus

done that, even tried catalyst drivers. Games working...well I dunno it played doomIII. after doomIII I took a break, just started some games back up but NO!

4. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

you resinstalled the games and still nothing?, try right clicking on the exe, and have it open it a differrent way, such as in a window, or maximized

5. ninja fetus

i've reinstalled games, tried new games. I've had problems with my card in the past. lil' bitch is acting up again. Atleast christmas is soon! gonna get me a 9600xt and some new ram hopefully.

6. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

im suprised ur playing those games with that card, 9800 pro is not too bad of a price, about 245 i believe

7. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

or for £150 including vat + delivery you could get a Gainward Ultra 2100LE 6800LE 128mb (8 pipelines)...

yes its "LE" big deal? i followed a guide on the net, and have modded mine to a 6800 128mb with 12 pipelines, as all you ahve to do is connect the disconnected pipelines .. easy peesy :D

8. Addis

Addis The King

Were you playing games ok when you were oced before?

9. ninja fetus

Yeah, It was totally stable under OC's running in window didn't do an thing

10. Addis

Addis The King

*indian voice*Is your computa plugged in? Dat is very much common mistdake. Is your monitor on? Anoder midake.

11. ninja fetus

Yeah I've checked everything. Except different ram and different video card since I don't have any spares...

12. Addis

Addis The King

I'd try reinstall XP through a repair install and starting over.

13. ninja fetus

That's what I've come to...I'll do that in a few days once all my torrents have cleared :)
    In the mean time, 3-4 straight days of folding!

14. ninja fetus

hmm...I might just do that...how do you connect disconnected pipelines?

15. scooter

scooter Geek Trainee

don't no if this of any help had a very similar problem with a new pc i put together it tuned out to be faulty ram. got put onto this site by the suppliers of the ram to check it out www.goldmemory.cz showed mine up to be faulty

16. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Haven't heard of that one before, but it seems to be something similar to memtest 86.

17. ninja fetus

Damn too bad I don't have a floppy drive, well I have two but I can't get them to work, and I don't have a cdburner. how 1337 is that?

18. Addis

Addis The King

:rolleyes: not very

19. ninja fetus

I'm gonna try diff. ram in my comp that I know works (from a gateway!) let's hope thats that's the problem, just because right now I have around $45 and ram is probably the cheapest piece of hardware. I wonder if 45 bucks will get me some more el cheapo brand ram.. :)

20. ninja fetus

It's my video card!!! DAMNIT!!!! crap. Well, I'm getting a 9600XT for my birthday, in a little over a month, and also a gig of kingmax pc3500. :) . well...I guess I have to wait 'til then! is there any chance that it could be my motherboard? or anything else?