Lycoris Desktop/LX Review

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, May 1, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Lycoris Desktop LX reivew

http://www.zone365.com/content//58/1

Chris (aka Anti-Trend) has a review of the Lycoris Linux Distro on tap.

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I'm thinking about changing my nick to "Anti-Everything-That's-Shown-On-The-WB-TV-Network", what do you think? ;)

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

lol

4. Anti-Trend

I've just completed a review of Lycoris Desktop/LX. Lycoris is an inexpensive commercial Linux distro, which is targeted for Windows users who want to migrate to a cheaper, more secure operating system. Here's what I had to say about it.

-Chris
    (Anti-Trend)

Attached Files:

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

would love to see some screen shots if possible Anti :) I would love to have a windows classic like interface on a linux distro because its just looks so simple and easy to navigate.

I think you would prob spend more time configuring Linux than doing a clean install of XP :)

6. Anti-Trend

I'll reinstall Lycoris and add some screenshots as soon as I have 5 minutes to kick around, promise. And as for the bug I described in the review, apparantly it *only* occurs with the Matrox G200, and it is well known by Lycoris. They say they're working on it, & I told them I'd be glad to do a supplementary review as soon as they get it patched / updated.