Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

2. hardino

hardino Geek

thank you very much ghostman 1.thank you very much for all your support and guidance.i will definitely contact you for further clarifications regarding the computer hardware.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

No Problem !!! Glad I could help >>>>

4. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman 1,

i have one doubt regarding ram chip. you know that my ram chip is 2gb ddr3. but when i right clicked properties from my computer it is reading as 1gb ram.when i installed graphics card of 1 gb ddr3( i know graphics card has nothing to do with memory).But even then i checked properties from my computer.then my pc memory was 2gb ram.

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You might want to check your Bios, And look under Video card or onboard video to see the specks.. The ram on the video card will not show up under my computer, Properties.If it is show only 1 gig, then your chip must be a 1 gig chip..

6. hardino

hardino Geek

7. hardino

hardino Geek

can we increase number of memory slots from two to four.in our asus motherboard.
    or else buy another asus motherboard with four memory slots.how much does it cost?

8. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

No! you would have to get another motherboard, there is nothing wrong with your motherboard....What is it that you want to do ?????
    you are talking allot of money... Are you planning to do some gaming OR What ?

9. hardino

hardino Geek

yes.i used to play games when i get free time.

10. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You are looking @ some money... You would have to max out your ram to 8 gigs, Next you will need a large Video card with a large hard drive.. That means changing your OS to 64bit, and reinstalling Windows OS 64 bit..Either Windows XP 64bit , Or Windows 7 64 bit.. Plus you might have to change / upgrade you case and cooling system.

11. hardino

hardino Geek

o.k.i will see through it.

12. hardino

hardino Geek

Hello ghostman 1,

I have few problems regarding a game called ashes cricket 2009. i installed the game.all that worked perfectly.(system requirements is more what mentioned in the back cover of the game)but when i clicked on the icon of the game. i got an error message.it has encountered an error.reinstall the application may fix this problem.

i thought it was the problem with the game cd.(any script errors or game file corrupted).i replaced the game cd.even then the same problem occurred.and during the second time.i also downloaded the same game from torrenthound.even then this problem occurred.when i tried to uninstall the game from add/remove programs.it is not deleting that game.an error message again like this:

1628:failed to complete installation.
    such that not able to have a fresh installation of the game.

13. hardino

hardino Geek

14. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

whats wrong with the one I picked earlier ? do you want 2 gigs ot 4 gigs ?

15. hardino

hardino Geek

its very good.but at present it could be nice if it is 4 gigs.there is a website called flipkart.com its a nice e-commerce website.you may be familiar with that website.in there in the computer cateogary-ram.can you please pick ram which fits 4 gigs. and post that link here.

16. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

17. hardino

hardino Geek

o.k thank you very much

18. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman 1,

i have to clear certain doubts regarding installing ram chip.after fixing the ram chip.do we have to reboot the system?
    how do we know if it is correctly installed?either it by right clicking on the my computer(my ram chip memory specifications changes to 3gb ram).
    i have read from a website regarding installation of ram chip.in case if it not correctly installed.beep sound,or the monitor does not turn on)etc..am i correct.

19. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

To install a new ram chip, YOU MUST TURN OFF your computer, UNPLUG it from the wall.... Open the side case door... Then push in the power button to release all power from the PSU.. Now you can add the New chip.. Put everything back together, Restart computer and you can either look under your Bios and see the added new ram OR Let windows load and then click on My Computer, then Properties...

20. hardino

hardino Geek

by the by where is the bios located?