Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hardino

hardino Geek

as per the guidelines mentioned in the motherboard manual.it says that to install 4gb memory chip, we must change OS to 64 bit.

we can use 3gb ram chip in 32 bit.so can u please help me from flipkart.com suitable ram chip of 3gb memory chip.

2. hardino

hardino Geek

sorry ghostman 1.i think the bios can be found while starting the pc.by pressing del function we can see pc configuration details. am i correct?

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Wrong, You can install 4 gigs of ram on ANY 32 bit system, BUT it will ONLY show 3.25 gigs.. This is normal.. If you want to show More You will need to use 64bit..
    Did you add the 4 gig chip ?

4. hardino

hardino Geek

no.i just needed to clarify regarding installation of 4 gig chip.thanks a lot.

5. hardino

hardino Geek

i have another doubt regarding CPU fans.As my house is situated nearby roadside.There is problem of air pollution.there is full of dust.some dust is accumulating in the CPU fans.(not only with CPU fans,it is affecting other internal parts of the CPU.Will there be problems.i tried to clean some of the cpu internal parts.which one should i concentrate in cleaning.at present i have covered the CPU with a sheet.

any solution to prevent dust pollution.do you have any tips?

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I have the same problem as well, I live out in the country and we have big trucks /Simi's going to the Rock Quarry all day and night, the dust they make is terrible ....
    My advice to is Make sure your computer Sits off the ground..Put it on a table or something, making sure it is off the ground at least 2 feet..All of my computers sit on top of my computer desk.. You have to very careful when cleaning a computer, MAKE SURE it is NOT Plug IN.... I use different sizes of paint brushes... You just want to make sure you don't Ground out anything..

7. hardino

hardino Geek

do you clean CPU fans,graphics card, memory chip etc...all the important parts.which one to concentrate more.

8. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

CPU fan and System fan is the most important..You can remove the rear fan fairly easy and clean it with a brush or blow it off with some compress air..
    If it is easy to remove the cpu fan, then do it the same way.. Just make sure the heat shield over the cpu is never clogged...

9. hardino

hardino Geek

is it advisable to clean the both fans using a simple cloth or old tooth brush.i have these two only at present.by the by to remove both these we just need to unscrew it.right.

10. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman 1,

i would like to know if the CPU fan or the System fan in case not fixed or screwed properly.what are the symptoms that the pc shows or reflects?

11. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

The rear fan (system fan) you just tighten the screws until they get tight. The cpu fan might not be held down with screws, but clips...WHY DO YOU ASK ?
    If you have a BAD fan, it will start making Noise, You can test the fan just by spinning it by hand, A good fan should spin around by hand at least twice or more..

12. hardino

hardino Geek

o.k.so that's the key.well. i just checked the fan to clean the dust with a brush.i spinned the fan.no noise came from it.
    but there are few dust.that makes me worry(both system fan(cooling fan) and CPU fan).but sometimes a noise is coming from the back of CPU not always.what could be problem.

should we clean both the fans atleast once in a month to avoid the noise.

13. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You have to check the fan for noise when it is running !!!!! Also what do you mean by the back of the CPU ???? Don't you mean the back of the case ?
    OK! You need to do this !!! Put everything back together right, remove the side case door, then start up the computer and let it load...
    Now check ALL fans for Noise !!! Thats the rear fan, the CPU fan and the Power supply fan... Your sound is probably coming from the power Supply fan.
    The power supply fans go out and when they start to go bad they will make a noise... What Brand of power supply do you have...

14. hardino

hardino Geek

yes.i meant the back case of the CPU.Well, i experience slight problems when it comes to the main menu while turning on the pc.it takes some time to access the programs at first.there after no problems.it works smoothly.(i meant the system does not hang).only when it turn on the pc for the first time and whenever i shut down and turn it on again later sometime.

i can't trace the brand supply of Power supply from the motherboard manual.i got these info from the motherboard manual back cover.can u please tell me from the below info what is the brand of my pc power supply.
    G41+ICH7
    45nm CPU support
    LGA775 CPU
    DDR3 1333 (O.C)
    EIST
    8 Channel Audio
    SATA 3gb/s
    PCI Express X16
    Gbit LAN
    USB 2.0
    Crashfree BIOS 3
    EZ Flash 2
    Q-Fan
    AI NET2
    MyLogo2

15. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

The make and model of your power supply Well not be on the Motherboard at all...It will be on the power supply itself..What is the make and model of this computer ?
    Dell/Hp/Compaq/????? Is this computer a tower ? What Operating System are you using?

16. hardino

hardino Geek

Well my operating system is Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.Dell

17. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Is this computer a Dell??? If you are using Windows XP, I would upgrade to SP3...

18. hardino

hardino Geek

sorry.monitor is dell.motherboard ASUS.

19. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Is this computer A brand named computer or is it made by someone or some shop???

20. hardino

hardino Geek

well.mine is an assembled one.