Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

If it is built to order, then your Power supply can be almost anything... You will have to Pull the power supply out to see what the make is And to see how many Watts it is..
    Anything under 300 watts will be too low.. 500 watts and above would be better.

2. hardino

hardino Geek

o.k.i will see through that.

3. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman 1,

I have a doubt regarding the removal of cpu fan.As there are four edges to remove.(there is an arrow indcating towards left).To open that, we should turn it right.left is to tighten and right is to remove.i have two ordinary screw drivers(one big and small) and a tester.which one should is choose to open it.

And then there are so many wires of CPU fan all connected to a plug.Should we first remove that and then the the four edges of the fan.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Is the CPU fan all clogged up ?? Do you what socket Motherboard you have ??

5. hardino

hardino Geek

its a LGA
    775 socket motherboard

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What kind of heatsink and fan are you running ?

7. hardino

hardino Geek

its an ASUS Q-Fan and Intel LGA775 Heatsink as per the manual.

8. hardino

hardino Geek

9. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea, Those are good, they are Quiet too.. But sometime hard to remove..If it not to dirty or clogged up with dust then leave it.. If it is, then try to remove it and clean it.. But if you remove the heat sink , then clean the heat sink and reapply the thermal paste..

10. hardino

hardino Geek

i don't have a thermal paste.where to get it.is it necessary to apply thermal paste.actually what is a thermal paste?i found a sample video of the removing,cleaning and installation of cpu fan.in that video, they mention about a thermal paste.is it available here in India.where to get it.
    can u please upload any image of how to apply the thermal paste.

and about the removal of cpu fan.i told you earlier about the arrow indication.it is indicated towards left direction.we have turn it towards right to remove it.right.and vice-versa.and clean the fan with a smooth cloth or brush right

11. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

If you do not have Thermal paste, then DO NOT remove the heatsink from the CPU...I have NO idea where you can get it at over there.. Just clean it the best you can..
    Once done go into your bio's and check the CPU heat settings... If it is over 65 degress, then you might have a problem.. BUT if it is under 60 degrees, then you are alright.

12. hardino

hardino Geek

CPU temperature: 50.5 degree centigrade
    MB temperature: 42 degree centigrade

i found that when i was noting down the cpu temp and mb temp.the cpu temp is increasing from 50.5 to 51 like that.but the mb temperature is stable as such.

13. hardino

hardino Geek

also i just happened to read from a website regarding cpu heat settings.this is the experts opinion:

CPU (processor) temperature is an important parameter to monitor on your computer. The maximum temperature for the majority of CPU models is in the range 65 to 75 Celsius. If the CPU temperature exceeds the maximum allowed limit, it may cause random computer reboots, system failure--a blue screen in Windows--or even a permanent damage to your processor

is this correct.

well after reaching 75 censius,should it again come down to 40 and start over again.and not exceeding 75 degrees

14. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

75 degrees is too high, It should be 65 degrees will be cut off point.. if it goes over that, then yiu will have to buy another heatshield and fan ,,, they make some real good ones now days,, I have an Artic cooler on my main computer.. it was always running hot..Probably because it is running @ 4.5 ghz..overclocked..
    Anyway yours looks good running at 50 degrees..

15. hardino

hardino Geek

thanks a lot for your kind information.

16. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman 1,

This is related to a software problem.I reinstalled windows when there was a virus.But unfortunately,the pc didn't ask for which drive to install windows xp professional.This was done three times.And now i found apart from c drive where the program files are usually installed(i have 4 parts -c,d,e,f).in c program files,in e and f too program files is installed.

how to remove program files from e and f drives again.should i delete the program files from those two drives.this is the image i am getting:i am uploading the image herewith.pls check.how to remove the extra two options in that screen.i am using the first option.

sorry friend.i am not able to upload the photo image.the file size is too huge.have you got email to send my pics to your email.i have taken those pics from my cam.

17. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You will have to start again, you have to remove all partitions first then create a new drive then format the drive.. On Windows XP you just install to one drive C: drive..
    Have you ever did a fresh install before ? You need to wipe the disk, and start fresh..With all those other drives you will be losing space...If you can't remove all those drives, you might need something like Partition Magic to fix your problems..

18. hardino

hardino Geek

what is a partition magic.is it a software

19. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yes, it is Software for fixing Hard drive problems... Or you could Also use Hiren's boot CD..

20. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Give Me your email address, It might be easier that way..