Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.can we download the software and without reinstalling windows.can we partition c,d,e,f drives using that.
    email: [email protected]

2. hardino

hardino Geek

Hello ghostman,

How are you?I have some problem with my pc.It is affected with a virus.
    I cant judge which type of virus.The files colour is blue.And at the same time, it is consuming my hard disk space.
    for ex: when my disk space in c drive is 1.90 gb after few minutes or hours it has changed to 1.88 gb and so on.

What is this type of virus.Its name.How to remove it and protect my pc in future using which software?

Looking forward to your reply.

thanks,

harish

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

There are so many Viruses out there it would be impossible to narrow which one you have...It sounds like a Smart Virus, those are the worst...
    can you give me more info ?Can you get into Windows? What AntiVirus are you using? Most of the time dealing with a Smart Virus, the best thing to do is to Just Wipe the computer, and then reinstall Windows ...

4. hardino

hardino Geek

well at present i am not using any antivirus since it affects the performance of the pc.I reinstalled windows many times.still the virus is coming after somedays.I doubt whether it is coming from internet while browsing internet.

any antivirus program that can be downloaded (original)to remove the virus from the affected drive and completely wipe out the virus.

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Big Mistake not running any Antivirus, Are you running Any Firewall ? What OS are you using ? XP/Vista or Windows 7 ? You Need a Antivirus program..
    What are the specks of this computer ? CPU/Ram hard drive and What OS ? If you do have a Smart Virus, The ONLY way to remove it is to Wipe the hard drive and Install a fresh copy of what ever OS you are running ..

6. hardino

hardino Geek

Well.At present i am planning to change my entire hard disk.(40 gb).Almost 8 years,i havent upgraded my hard disk.I am going to install fresh hard disk of 300 gb or 500 gb most probably next month.

In that case, in order to prevent from many viruses.What type of antivirus software should i install in my pc and to remove the virus if in case any virus affects my pc for ever.Can we remove virus as you mentioned about smart virus with any antivirus software if it comes again.Which is the best,where to download it(original).

thanks,

harish

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Well , I use Avast free and I install it on all my customers computers.. It is very good, I also use Online Armor as my firewall...
    Avast will handle all your needs for Viruses and Trojans, But I have found NO AntiVirus that can remove a Smart Virus..

8. hardino

hardino Geek

can we download avast free from any websites.Where can i get that?Is it the best antivirus software that i can get to remove almost every viruses.any links to download that antivirus software.

9. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

10. hardino

hardino Geek

11. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Just pick Download from one of the majorgeeks.. Just let it update, it will talk to you... Register for the free, they just ask for email address..
    Next just click on full scan...

12. hardino

hardino Geek

13. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What OS are you using ?

14. hardino

hardino Geek

windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2

15. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You will need Upgrade to SP3, then get Avast and Ghostwall firewall.. You can get it also at Majorgeeks.com

16. hardino

hardino Geek

17. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i have a small doubt regarding our processor.Just to clarify.If there is any problem with the intel processor chip(speed).how do we know that.what are the symptoms.do the pc work or does the screen becomes blue like that.

18. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Why. What problems are you having ? When a CPU goes out, It usually won't start up.. Blue screen can be a number of things..Hard drive or Memory..
    What is it doing ?

19. hardino

hardino Geek

no problems at present by gods grace.Just to clarify all doubts of pc hardware sections.(hard disk,memory,processor etc..)If we can solve problems by ourselves without depending on another person to come and repair our pc.

can u just give me a list of symptoms for each (i.e.hard disk,memory,processor) to identify what part of our pc hardware is affected.ie. if there is problem with the hard disk symptoms of that,memory,processor etc...

20. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It would be to hard to give you a list since, say a hard drive and memory problem could have the same errors or the same problems..
    you have to take each problem with an open mind, because the error / problem can just be one problem or can be two or more with the same simptions..
    Also make Google your friend, if you don't know something then look it up. Half of what I do is Research.... plus you can always email me..