MOBO, CPU, RAM opinions please.

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by BAT Neo, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I envy you becuase i would love to have that mobo. performance on that is wicked plus it looks so nice too.:D but a liltte to expensive for me i might get an ABit mobo they have been getting some good reviews too with great overclocking.

2. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Gigabyte all the way lately. Great price, great components.

3. BAT Neo

BAT Neo Geek Trainee

I did look at the Gigabyte boards and was tempted with the prices but plumped for the ASUS as Gig just didnt seem to have one to equal the ASUS.

Each to their own i guess.

4. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

The only reason why i would get a Gigabyte mobo is because they use bright red, yellow, blue and green colors on their mobos but Asus use dark blue and black so it don't look that attractive lol :D

5. BAT Neo

BAT Neo Geek Trainee

"Function over Form" !!!!!!!!!

6. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Yes, and thankfully Gigabyte out performs ASUS and A-bit, YAY

7. redshift4

redshift4 Geek Trainee

I am building a new computer, Quad processor or Dual? AMD or Intel ? Any suggestions on motherboards, I would like to go with 4 to 8 gigs of ram and serial drives. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. RS

8. BAT Neo

BAT Neo Geek Trainee

Opinion or fact ? :doh:

Redshift, i had the same dilemma as you very recently as i have only just finished building my rig. All i did was read as many reviews as i could find on the Intel Vs AMD arguement, everyone i read put Intel ahead of AMD, now im not biased towards either company, all im interested in is the best performance for my money, which resulted in the purchase of the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 energy efficient 95w CPU.

So try the same and come up with your own conclusion, cos if an AMD lover posts, you know what they will say, same with an Intel lover etc etc.

From my perspective, i am over the moon with my CPU, MOBO & GPU combination, COD4 & Crysis run like a dream.

Good luck ;)

9. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Fact actually. Gigabyte creates the best overclocking motherboard whether p35 or x38 chipset. If you don't believe me look up the overclocking charts

10. BAT Neo

BAT Neo Geek Trainee

Fair enough, although i didnt see any X38 Chipset based MOBO's in that list ?

Not much in it though.

Ill see what i can OC my MOBO to.

11. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

12. volsfan0911

volsfan0911 Geek Trainee

Complete noob to the forums here but great info. Here's a system that I'm thinking about for GF: E6750, Gigabyte GAP35DS3L mobo, 2GB DDR2 800, MSI GeForce7300 video card and running XP pro SP2. Even with a killer 22" widescreen, I can do it for $1,000 and should meet her needs pretty well - not a gamer at all but does use some photo editing and WaterCAD software for work along with typical home office stuff. Comments or suggestions for improvement greatly appreciated!

13. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Go ahead and create your own thread please, this is kinda done on a per person basis. But basically for CAD that should be fine. I'm not too familiar with CAD, so I'm not sure if waterCAD is easier than the normal builds of CAD, but it's a pretty resource heavy system. If waterCAD isn't too much easier on the resources you might think of getting something a bit stronger GPU wise, otherwise you should be fine.