motherboard help

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Gladiator, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Gladiator

Gladiator Geek Trainee

I got a new motherboard and installed it(first time doing so) but the whole cpu won't turn on now!!! what did i do wrong?? what should i have done? Please give steps on how to install one the right way...thanks..

i have no idea how active this forum is but please help..thanks..

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

What motherboard did you buy and what CPU? Gladiator, we will answer any question you have! :D

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Try hooking it up outside of the case on any non-static surface. Also, make sure you have a Pentium 4 compliant power supply rated for at least 300W if not better. Also make sure that the power and reset switches are setup correctly.

4. Gladiator

Gladiator Geek Trainee

i think the problem is with my power source i have a 145w one.....i need a 250w or 300 right????!?!?

thanks guys/gals

*hugs everyone*

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

at least a 300W! glad we could be off some help!

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

And a good brand. I suggest Antec or Sparkle power supplies. Buy a crappy brand and you'll get crappy results. 300W is the bare minimum you want anymore---and sometimes may not be enough. I found that out with a Premier 300W, P4 compatible power supply and an Iwill P4D. The system was pretty basic in it's configuration, but would not boot at all with that Premier, despite it working perfectly with a dual Pentium 3 system. I have an Antec 350W in their right now and it works well.