Motherboard problems

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Replicated, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Replicated

Replicated Geek Trainee

I have been trying to install a Gigabyte 8Ik1100 motherboard with a 2.4ghz P4 processor, 1 stick of 512mb DDR 400mhz memory, and a 256mb ATI Radeon 9600. Well, when I boot up, as soon as the Xp boot shows up, it crashes. The only things I have connected is the VGA, memory, and hd. Tried BIOS fail-safe mode Need help on this.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What error message do you get? Is this a clean install or did you swap motherboards out? If it's the latter, that's likely your problem, and can likely be fixed by doing a clean install of XP.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

What psu do you have ?

4. zeus

zeus out of date

I got this the other day.

Try starting up in safe mode, it will list everything that is being accessed to startup windows. I bet it gets so far and then reboots.

I cant remember exacty what I had but there are a few topics started by me about the problem.
    It turned out that windwos kept on deleting or simply couldnt find some particular files.
    I found the best way was to use the repair feature when booting from the win xp cd rom.

I had it twice and my stepdad had it too, all within 3 days. My stepdads drive lost its fat so was a bit of a bitch to sort out.

I dont think its a hardware problem.

5. zeus

zeus out of date

6. Replicated

Replicated Geek Trainee

Thanks for your suggestions. I have reinstalled XP, and it works perfectly. I should have thought of that in the first place.

7. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Yeah it usually works but sometimes you really need the data on your disk so it's nice to find ways to solve the problemsinstead of getting rid of them, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end :)