MP3 suggestions

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by zimcerullo, Sep 28, 2006.

1. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

I am looking for a new mp3 player cause my current one died. Im not really looking for anything fancy, just something to play music files, have a longish battery life and be quite cheap. Im not to bothered about radio, voice recording, video, etc...

I have also had a suggestion from Addis to get a PDA. Would this be a lot more to buy or would it just be about the same price as an average mp3 player? If so can you give me a few suggestions of good PDA's to look at getting?

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

You can get cheap and cheerful mp3 players with 256Mb of memory and a SD memory card slot for <£30 and a 1GB SD Memory card for about £20 if you know where to buy.

A PDA is going to be expensive, if you only want to use it as a MP3 player your better off not getting one!

Me, i just bought a second hand laptop off ebay, added another battery (dual batterys, 13 hours battery life) a bigger hard drive and dumped all my music on it! :p

3. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

Yh i hear where your coming from but my last mp3 player was a 256 and it never had enough room... and im not really into those pill looking ones that are usb type. I was looking to get a pda to use it for messing around on to. Maybe get some games and use it as a reminder for homeworks and stuff.

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I think u need to makeup your mind first, what u need and what is ur budget....

5. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

Well it seems i might already be getting one for my up and coming birthday so i dont think it is much of a problem anymore, thanks anyway though

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

honestly i may be a little european in saying, but i like mini-disc players, their really nice, the new ones anyways, i'd check them out see if yer interested. Other wise something by Creative or SanDisk.

7. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

To be honest i havnt really heard of any mini disk players... maybes its just me. :p

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Mini-Disc has been one of Sony's failed attempts to start a new standard, but it never really took off.

9. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

Well as long as it wasnt just me then