Need help with Motherboard and CPU

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by posito75, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Okay, okay, you've got me there dude:D, but we were talking about games a while ago, I guess we ran slightly off topic, what was this thread about anyway:p Good debate though dude, *shake hands*

2. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Haha yea, what was this about? <talking in a mystical way>I guess we were both right, yet in a way, both wrong<\talking in a mystical voice>.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hehe, yeah, though if nothing else we added like 12 posts to our count. Seriously I don't remember ever posting so often in such a small frame of time.

4. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, I don't think you need it but I know I need the posts... But it was a good debate, check out the keylogger in Dell conspiracy, I blew it the :swear: outta the water.

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

it would help with the temperatures tho a 3000 no matter what core is known for overclocking, yeah my friend has the same set up, working good :good:

6. Addis

Addis The King

Very true, GPUs have more advanced FPUs than CPUs, and with the other components needed like vertex/pixel shaders with output renders they tend to have a higher FLOPS than CPUs. Not saying CPUs aren't important as dependant on the individual game; the way that its coded will determine where some bottlenecks will occur.

7. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

hes fine with what he has for now, theres no game that would slaughter the cpu yet as well as the video card hes fine for a few months on maximum settings

posito75 likes this.
  8. posito75

posito75 Geek Trainee

Well after a few weeks since buying the CPU and motherboard I am very satisfied with everything.. I did buy an extra cpu fan (Silent Boost k8). Here is what I have it now.. I overclocked it to 2.4gigs, it runs really well and all games run extremely smooth. The temps on the using speedfan say 35c. So its running very good with alot of overclock.. Im thinking of going up to 2.5 or 2.6 but dont find the need to since everything runs smooth, maybe one day. But thank you all for the advice you gave me, it helped me out so much to get the right components.

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nice mate! Good little oc there, don't bother pumping it up any higher if you're not getting any slow down. Only do it as you need to:)

posito75 likes this.