New MP3 Player..

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Xplisit, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

Hey guys,

I just got a new MPIO FY800 (2GB) and I'm trying to load it up with a bunch of songs.

At first I was using the USB port which is on the front of my tower, which I'm assuming is NOT a hi-speed port because it was taking quite awhile to get 2 songs on at a time : close to 20 seconds.

So I tried the USB port at the back and it was copying the files alot faster. But I'm now at about 612 MB of used space (1.34 GB free) and it won't let me copy anymore. Whenever I drag a file and try to put it in the MPIO folder, it says "Cannot copy (insert file name), the directory or file cannot be created".

It used to say this when I had my old MP3 player when it was full, but I know for a fact I still have over 50% free space on this new one!

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, are you uploading all the songs straight onto the mp3 player all in one directory?, i would recommend trying to create some folders, and put about 100-200 songs in each, if you still get the same error, reduce the number of songs you put in each folder. The reason i am sayign this is because i had a problem with my mp3 player once were it said it was full and i couldent copy anything else on, so i did abit of googling, and found that its because you need to create multiple folders for some reason, strange solution, but it solved it :)

3. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the reply.