Nokia E63 WiFi problem

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by edijs, Mar 5, 2010.

1. edijs

edijs Programmer

My phone has suddently stopped receiving proper Wifi. at home, it finds my wifi network but when I try to browse, it just hangs there. At another site, the phone simply didn't see all the networks that my computer could, although the network strenght of all relevant ones was very good.

So, what could be the problem - physical damage (i've dropped it once past the several days, but didn't notice anything, plus it has fallen on much harder surfaces and from higher points that the other day...), emerging software bug?

thanks!

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Software bugs don't randomly appear. If there was a software bug, you'd be having this problem ever since you're using it.

I'd suggest to do a factory restore (if that's possible) at first.

3. edijs

edijs Programmer

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Although, I've heard that at least SonyEricsson's Symbian S60 phones get clogged up after 6 months or so and are unusable unless you reinstall the OS or something... so I thought that my E63 had the same kind of issue. Anyways, now it has gone to normal again. I don't know - maybe dropping it a second time did the trick. Almost like with russian tech (no offense there) - if it's not working, hit it.

4. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

It could be a result of the drop. Maybe something is damaged or dislocated or broken in the phone.

5. edijs

edijs Programmer

and the second drop fixed dislocated hardware? kinda weird. but it's been working quite fine since my last post, so we'll see once I drop the phone again :D

But the most interesting thing is that I use a kind of wallet for the phone, which acts like something protective and should suck up all the kinetic force. Cause, of course, I've dropped the phone on some serious floor when it was bare and no harm... I don't just don't know, really. Can't be positive, but fact is that the networking problems were not only at home, but also at another location. Couldn't get to test it anywhere else.

6. liciniusjack

liciniusjack Geek Trainee

If you are facing any such problem, try to do it yourself. You can also go to nokia care to look for a solution. They may consider your phone for a replacement otherwise get it repaired from market.