PhotoShop sizing?

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by Exfoliate, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hey all, in Photoshop CS I ran into a little issue, I'm designing my potential web page and I'm about to start making the buttons but I don't know what size they have to be, I've got a navigation bar ready to have buttons placed in it but when I click on image size after selecting my nav bar to see what size I'm looking at it gives me the total doc size, not just that specific piece. Anyone know? Thanks.

2. do50

do50 Big Geek

If you've got them both in photoshop.... Select your button, paste it into a new document (the document will be the size of your selection). go to Image size, choose pixels. it will give you height and width in pixels. [Somehow that seems too easy. I must be missing something in your question.] Well, better than nothing util someone else has an idea

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

if you copy it, open a new document, photoshop automatically predicts you want to paste whats on the clipboard. there's your height and width.

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

hehe, and we were doubting photoshops abilities.

it tells ya, assuming you have the "INFO" palette open. (its in window>>info, or just reset your workspace).

CTRL click the layer you want to measure, and look on the info. it will say H: 34.6, W: 23.9 for example. This is in cm, so if you go into preferences, there is an option in "units and rulers" yo change it from cm to pixels.

then using basic math divide the width of the bar by the number of buttons you want. (If its 800, I usually have 8 buttons @ 90 pixels long, leaving a 10 pixel gap between each one or something

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Excellent, thanks you two, that definately solves the problem, just wish I could come up with a catchy name for the site though? Something having to do with visual and then some alliteration I guess, Visual Verisimilitude (just an example, wouldn't really concider that) etc.??