Playstation 3 Revealed

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, May 17, 2005.

1. viper

viper Geek

I'm getting me one of them, i don't care if its pink with yellow spots its what inside that counts and what inside is sweet! Plus i get me a new boomerang with that controller.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i really hope that the PS3 tottaly owns the XBOX360

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

In the end it probably will but it will be over a year behind in sales so that will be some tought to catch up, although it's supposibly going to last for an outlandish 10years so anything could happen.

4. Willz

deffenitly will not last 10 years, pc's will easily overtake it.

or astroid might hit before then :p

5. Addis

Addis The King

I don't see it lasting 10 years, has any other console lasted for that long? I can imagine 5 years of good rein, and still live on as the PS2 does now.

6. Willz

i can only imagine 4 :\

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well the inquirer's been wrong before...10 years would indeed be major blunder, a ten year old console is a very sad thing. By the time the PS3 comes out games for the PC will be easily as impressive. The advantage will only be with instant compatability with all supported games and a comparibly reasonable price to the PC, which after a few years won't seem as great. The PS2 is looking tired now, if PSP's can generate compairable gfx then the value of it's big bro is greatly reduced.

8. Willz

i can see that in less than 10 years, consoles will be out of the pictures, we will just have multimedia pc's that can do everyhitng, tv,games and instant compatability.

obviously, there is multimedia pc's out now, but in about even 4 years, they will have overtook the consoles.

9. Addis

Addis The King

You're forgetting that one of the best things about owning a console is guarunteed compatibility with games. How much does it take to keep a Windows box relatively secure now? How often does a driver problem, a bad power supply, a buggy game, an infected OS, a corrupt registry cause problems? You never heard a console having those problems, simply plug it in and have a multimedia powerhouse without any need for extra software, and easy to play games on. The PC will have its place, but since it takes more work to secure and keep a PC (Windows) than a console, it will appeal to the majority of non technical gamers.

10. Willz

the best pc's availabe will play games for years to come.

so in a way, there is very good compatability.

11. Addis

Addis The King

I don't mean that type of compatibility. I know performance will be good. But there are many bugs in drivers which could cause problems for some games. I mean the effort requird to keep a PC running well and secure is also a barrier. That alone is a huge argument for consoles.

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I know what Addis is saying, in that regard consoles own PC's, for $400 or so you can get a state of the art console that will play games that have a leg up on the PC for about a year or so. In time obviously it's going to become more or less obsolete in PC terms but if you want kick butt gaming on a budget it's the way to go really. You just pop in whatever console specific game you bought and in a few seconds it's ready to go no problem. No installation times, no driver updates, no spyware/viruses, no random crashes, BSODs, intolerably slow framerates, graphical settings tweaking to be done etc. They just play, and remember how crappy early PS2 games looked? At the time they were sweet but think of how much better they are now, it's that way with every conosole as developers get more familiar and proficient with the platform. In this regard a new console is a beautiful thing.

13. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

i cant wait for the ps3 to come because my bloudy ps2 has broke AGAIN !!!

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

My ps2 is all good :p and im treating myself to a swap magic for christmas :)

15. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

rub it in why dont you!! lol

16. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

sowwi
    You could always buy one off ebay to put you on.

17. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

see like i sed b4 on the samsung thred all technology messes up with me lol

18. Invader Zim

Invader Zim Geek Trainee

Whats a swap magic?

19. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Swap magic is a boot disc for the ps2 so you can play backups and imported games.

20. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

Sry, it may be a bit off-topic although not entirely, but the XBox 360 owns the PS3! I don't want to turn this into a debate thread, I'm really just trying to help you guys out.. the PS3 will cost $100-$200 more than the 360 and will have less capabilities. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.