Playstation 3 Revealed

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, May 17, 2005.

1. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

HA less capabilities? Where you get that info from?

2. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

Well, as it stands right now, PS3 hasn't announced anything save for the ability to hook up a keyboard and mouse to the console. And really, all I have to say to that is wow. How many of you guys had a PS2 and tried playing online? I mean, Sony's online service (or lack there of) was atrocious, yet, with this new console, they STILL decided to stick with an unorganized service. I thought they could at least team up with Toshiba or IBM and make some sort of online service that can at least compete with XBox Live. They obviously don't care.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

From what I've heard Sony is Brewing up some revamped online service so people can compete in tournaments etc. Obviously XBOX-Live is far ahead as isn't been out for awhile but I think the PS3 will be a stong console. Both consoles have greatly improved developemental tools and being able to play all you're PS2 games will be a nice benifit as it's not like you're going to chuck them all when you upgrade. It would be nice if MS improved their list of backwards compatable games, so far a bunch, includeing modern ones are left out:(

4. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

You have made strong points, Exfoliate, for sure, both consoles will have their highs and lows. But I hardly think the backwards-compatible list will be an issue in the coming years; hell even months, because gamers will be too mesmerized by the new games on their way to the 360.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No I see what you mean, who would use their 360 to play older versions of the games they love? Well some would I guess but there should be enough great titles to make it less of an issue. I myself wouldn't buy now as I'd prefer to wait for the price to drop a bit and the game selection to increase so there's more to choose from. Currently I could get GUN, Quake 4 (heard that didn't run to well on the 360 for some reason), Call of Duty 2, and those sports and racing games for the PC anyway so I'd need a few more hard hitting exclusive titles to make it worth my $400 (though that's a good deal if you don't have a decent PC....).

6. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

I hear ya loud and clear. And you're wise in waiting. I'm not so wise, I picked one up on launch day, but hey, what can ya do. I picked up a copy of Madden 06 and Call of Duty 2 to play around with, and it's been a blast. I plan on picking up one more sports game (probably NBA 2K6) and perhaps PD0 in a few weeks. We'll see, I guess. ;)

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No you're smart in doing so too, why wait when it's out, at least you got one you know. More than most of the world can say. It's a lot more affordable than a PC that can max COD2 assuming you have a good TV.

8. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

Yeah, well that's gonna be my next investment. A nice HDTV. Not a big one, because I don't really have the space, but just a nice high-quality HDTV that will last me.

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah I'd go CRT, 27"er's are getting really cheap and the image quality is still pretty much the best around, especially when you save $1000's.

10. Xplisit

Xplisit Geek Trainee

Yeah, CRT was my target. 27" is pretty much the perfect size also, anywhere in the mid 20's to low 30's.