Please help me with my mobo

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by grendel, Sep 22, 2003.

1. grendel

grendel Guest

Hi, i've just bought a pc: mb ECS 648FX, p4 3.00, 1024 Mb Ram, HD160Gb, geforce fx5200 128Mb, lg dvd, sony dvd+r/-r
    When i go to install XP, i have this problem (i think the problem comes from the mobo)
    i start the pc, and sometimes it hangs and doesn't find the ide
    Sometimes, when it find the ide devices, i starts the XP cd, i see the message: "Boot form CD", and then, it reads some seconds from the cd and i see a black screen and hangs up!. Or, sometimes i see the message NTLDR is missing (i see the message in spanish).
    But i have found that always, the keyboard is hanged, and, if i press BloqNum or BloqMay, the led does not change.
    Can someone help me in find the problem?
    Thank you very much, and sorry for my bad english, its not my usual language.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Check and see if BIOS sees the hard drive correctly first. If not, double check that the jumpers are correctly configured, particularly if it's a Western Digital one. While it shouldn't be a problem, make sure the CPU temp isn't getting too high. If you see it close to 60*C or higher, check the heatsink installation. If that's okay (and the other stuff's checked), I'm very inclined to look at the motherboard. ECS is a pretty crummy brand, and it's using an SiS chipset, which isn't the best of quality either. I don't know what's available to you, but MSI or Gigabyte have some low cost boards that work well. I just reviewed the MSI 865P Neo, and it's a great cheap little board.