Pre-Order Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

2. pyromast

pyromast Geek Trainee

I'm going to watch that, unfortunatly it's sold out atm.
    PS3 and XBOX360 are to much for me, the Wii looks like a really nice little console.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I admire the Wii for trying something different but much like with most consoles the launch games are not really impressing over all. At least for me. In most cases according to reviews the Wii-specific control schemes often either end up feeling a little tacked on or no more intuitive or necessary than if they were with standard analog sticks. In a few months though there should be enough to entice though. This is what happened with the Xbox 360's launch, little in terms of great games at launch to take advantage of the hardware but a good crop over time. Hopefully the PS3 will follow suit as it isn't really blowing many socks off now in it's infancy either.

4. pyromast

pyromast Geek Trainee

I just want to try the Wii before I buy it, with xbox or ps3 you know it's going to be a good console simply because it's the same stock model as the previous one's you've tryed but the hardware has only improved for the newer game physics, so you can't go wrong, the Wii is one of thoose consoles where it could end up being really good, or it may just fail. I went into my local shop and they had some in stock I was very tempted but the demo Wii's were not in order, so I could'nt really try it, plus, I don't like standing in front of brand new consoles for an hour, you get a lot of heavy breathing chavs aching to punch you in the head.
    I'll proballly wait for one of my rich friends to buy it, and then have a go.