Proview screen problem

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by harrack52, Feb 1, 2003.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I brought my screen to the store to get it checked out so they lent me one, it is a Proview 15'' PS-508. When the system is booting everything is fine, even when you see the black screen with the progress bar below the win xp logo, and even when you see the scandisk screen if you did not shut down properly, but when I get to the password screen, the screen shuts off(becomes black with the green light flashing). I can run windows in safe mode and in vga mode but does anyone know what causes this or if it'S just normal ?

at the back of the screen it'S written it was manufactured in 1999 so it's not that old.

What is the difference between booting in normal mode and vga mode ?

2. archcommus

archcommus Big Geek

Normal mode uses your installed video card drivers, where as VGA mode uses Windows default VGA video driver, which serves its purpose but is crappy compared to the one supplied with your video card. I'm not sure what that'd have to do with your monitor turning off, though.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

thanks for the info

I ran xp in vga mode for a while, then retried normal mode just to see what would happen and it works just fine, I do not know what happened, I'm just happy this is not my own screen !

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

lol I think ure resolution/refreshrate was to high for that monitor thats why it worked after u ran vga mode ;)