PSP are you gona get it?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I wish I could try one out to see what I think! I just don't have $400 bucks to cough up (just to pre-order...). Alas.

2. syngod

syngod Moderator

$347CDN for the value pack here, saw the price Amazon is charging on GadgetForums and they must be nuts.

Either that or I'll have to buy up all the stock here and take it to the states :good:.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Sniper if yours is ordered from the US doesnt that mean its NTFS and not PAL?? Doesnt that mean you have to buy different games and it has a different power adapter or am I completely barking up the wrong tree here?

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I got mine from Japan, the PSP allows you to play games from any region, so I can play games bought from the USA and UK (when they come out) on my JAP PSP. The only problem I can think of is, the UMD movies, which are region locked.

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Okay, thanks for the help

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Whats the graphics like on the psp, are they ps1 quality or as good if not better than the ps2?

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I'm pretty sure they're about as good as PS2, except sharper on a little LCD compaired to your TV:good:

8. Willz

ah, i aint getting one, if i want portable gaming, i will stick with the errm gameboy color :p, or maybe carry my computer around in a backpack on my back with a big battary pack behind me on a trolly, and monitor in front of my hung from my head, yea, thats the ultimate portable gaming experience :p :good:

9. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I saw the graphics, they look alright. Though edges in twisted metal, and tony hawk's pro skater or far from the PS2. Though I can't see any real difference between PSP and PS2 I'm sure there is, I just can't notice on such a smalls screen.

10. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

i played twisted metal on my friends its amazing, not the best graphics, but god damn cool

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

the graphics are pretty decent, though I don't think the match up to the PS2! well thinking about it the graphics on Ridge Racers is amazing, while Fifa isn't so great!

you can do much more than games though e.g play mp3's, videos and in the future browse the web on it plus even more that I can't remember.

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Then again remember when the PS2 came out? If you were to compair those gfx to the ones on the PS2 now you'd wonder what developers were thinking. With some tweaking and optimization I'm sure most of the PSP's games will be compairable.

13. ninja fetus

If Sony didn't play monopoly and didn't use that stupid card slot I would have one sitting in my hands. Though they did use that stupid card slot, so there isn't. The cards are just too small and too expensive for what I want in the PSP. Archos media players are the things for me.

14. Willz

why would anyone want to surf the web on a psp, fgs you not going ot be able to read the writing on the screen.

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

How's the battery life on it anyway? If you just listen to mp3's how many hours would you expect to get? I'm assuming game time is like 4 or 5 hours which isn't too bad.

16. ninja fetus

probably pretty high. UMD's (or minidiscs) don't use much energy to spin and read. I get 12+ hours of music off one AA battery in my Minidisc player, so I wouldn't expect to see 6-8 hours of gameplay on the PSP with screen blazing. As for mp3, I can't really say.

17. Willz

cant the screen lighting be turned off to save power, or is it like a is it like a TFT monitor, you cant turn the light off on it?

18. ninja fetus

I believe you can't turn the backlight off.

19. Willz

ah, they could of made an option to do that, because you dont need a backlight in daylight :p, and it'll use most of the power aswell.

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

yeah that was kind of a dumb idea, it's like they want you to run out of juice:rolleyes: