Purple CRT Screen

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Surge89, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Surge89

Surge89 Geek Trainee

Hey, I expect this is a termianl problem, but I'll ask anyway, My CRT monitor (quite old) has resently become purple...

It is asif a peice of purple plastic has been hung over my monitor. I've tried it on a few other PC's and it has the same problem, So it isnt my GFX card, Anyone got any ideas?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You might see how you can deguass it. Monitors tend to have that option. Outside of that, you may have one of the electron guns going bad, and there's really not much you can do about it. You probably can get it repaired, but it's probably not going to be worth the cost given the age.

3. Surge89

Surge89 Geek Trainee

Thanks, Luckily it is just a lose connection in the plug connecting it to the GFX card, Wobled it about a bit and it is working fine now, Thanks for your help though.

I'm glad it isnt broken, no where sells CRT's anymore :(

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You must have a very small selection then...although the UK may have some limits compared to my mid-sized American city. I guess there's always the internet, but shipping tends to eat you alive.

Anyway, glad it's just a cable connection. Shoulda thought of that first. :doh:

5. Surge89

Surge89 Geek Trainee

I did think of lose wires, I just wobbled it at the wrong end of the cable :(

And I looked in 2 of the big PC stores and a CRT was not in site :(

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

buy CRT monitors on ebay or subscribe to Freecycle

Edit:[ot]Freecycle is excellent[/ot]