Reasonable Temperatures?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by UnSeEn, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Matt, you should try overclocking that even higher, you have loads of temperature headroom untill it gets too hot.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Tried, doesn't like it, I've tried getting it higher but even voltage bump to try and increase stability doesn't work.

3. Willz

Hmmm, maybe its reached it's limit then, or maybe its the motherboard?

4. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Christ! I gotta change mine post-haste. It's a LITTLE BIT lacking as it is now...

And yes, I would attempt to over-clock my system more (maybe even to max's 2.7 Ghz), but my father made me underclock my system back to normal. I don't think he understands the procedure, and since he practically bought and built my computer for me, I suppose I'll go by his wishes (for now ;) ). Once I'm off to university, I can do whatever I want to my baby. And it doesn't help that Exfoliate helped me do it, and Dad doesn't want a guy whose mobo went kaput fiddling with my computer :p . No biggie, Gabe. Now I know how!

5. Willz

What cpu have you got?
    My cpu is 2.2ghz stock, at moment running at 2.8ghz, with stock cooler its idle at 33 degrees, its not even the max, i can try 2.9ghz and it should work, although thats pushing it to its limits lol.

Tell your dad that the CPU will be ok as long as the temperatures stay normal. Now i know my cpu can handle 2.8ghz when i ever reset the bios due to removing some ram, all i do is go back into bios, set all the settings for 2.8ghz and set it to 2.8ghz at once.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha:D, yeah I suppose that would look like a little ominous concidering my past though at least I know overclocking didn't kill my last mobo as I never got it overclocked. But yeah have fun with it later man.