RivaTuner

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by gumdigger, Jan 14, 2009.

1. gumdigger

gumdigger Geek

Hi
    does anyone know how to use Riva Tuner? i have XFX 9600GT nividia card, the fan is constantly running at full speed with full noise. i was suggested to use RivaTuner. i have tried to follow some guides on it but the guides were written for older version and some steps dont match. i am currently on RivaTuner 2.22 .

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

Yes, RivaTuner is a bit uncomfy at start, but eventually, you'll find your way around. I suggest you look for the small triangular icons that appear in some fields - these open the way to advanced options, like, overclocking, for instance.

3. gumdigger

gumdigger Geek

can you redirect me towards a tutorial please?

4. edijs

edijs Programmer

This is what I could find on short notice (btw: doesn't the readme already provide some info?): 1 , 2

5. gumdigger

gumdigger Geek

in this tutorial Print Page - Mini Riva Tuner Guide
    under the heading "automatic fan control" i cannot find the add button when it talks about "To proceed to the next step click the “Add” button (plus sign) (Again, ignore any crossed out text)"

6. edijs

edijs Programmer

well, is there a button with a Plus sign on it or press the plus sign on your k/b.

also, maybe try the version this tutorial is talking about. in the reply below there is also this link: Vaguetech

7. HardwareAffair

HardwareAffair Geek Trainee

This is all I do using my GTX 260. Just follow the red boxes in the image. Basically click the triangle next to customize, and then select the first icon that looks like a video card. Next enable low-level fan control and either set the speed or adjust it to auto.

[​IMG]