Sig advice

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by Fred, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Fred

Fred Moderator

Well.. I have tried to make a sig (sorta) and this time it has been completely from scratch (Before i just got a picture and added to it; This time I did everything) Anyway... let me know which one you think is better and what i can do to it, please!

Attached Files:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

The right one to me, I see a skull in there somewhere?!

3. Fred

Fred Moderator

Im glad you noticed... I thought it was pretty obvious :smiledd: Any suggestions or comments, though?

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

good try Fredrick :) I really don't like the red, try something more friendly like dark green or blue? If you wan't to use red, I'd suggest using less of it!

I would start a new one, with more meaning to it if you get what I mean? e.g. base it around a game? tv show etc

I hope this helps.

5. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah, it helps... Problem is I like all the red.. I like the whole dead stuff feel to it :p And the problem with basing it around a game, tv show, etc is that I dont watch TV and im not enough into a particular game to do one on that. Thanks a lot for the advice though! I'll keep trying to think of a game worth making a sig on.

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

What I tend to do is find a render I like first, stick that on a white background and then just paint some grunge brushes on it, and then colourise that. You can pick any colour that way and see what it looks like before finialising it.

Using the filters is fine and all, but you can't really make great sigs with them, because the filters are aimed to to create specific artisitic effects, like the Crosshatch style in the first one, etc etc.

7. Fred

Fred Moderator

Thanks for the advice.. I'll keep working on sigs [in general] and let you know if i come up with anything!

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

If you want I can upload some of my old sig *psd's for you to experiment with?

9. Addis

Addis The King

Psychadelic dude!

10. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

The red ones were better and I fink adding some text could maybe make them a bit less dull. Oh and Addis : What??!?!

11. Fred

Fred Moderator

No, thanks though!
    Is this any better. I know it's bare.. but I wan't to see if I'm improving at all.

Attached Files:

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yup thats alot better you might want to change your font or put a stroke or something around it ;)

13. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah... :-( That font is sad.. But I dont have very many. I'll see what I can do. Man... I think I hate trying to get good at photo editing. It takes a bit of effort, and I'm to lazy to want to put forth effort. I think I need some inspiration to do a decent sig... something that I like enough to work with. :-/

14. Fred

Fred Moderator

...Yeah- I'm pretty sure I'm going to give up on editing 'till I have some sort of inspiration. Maybe someday somebody will put out a decent game.. Worthy of a sig for me

15. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Only the best for our Fredrick :D

16. Fred

Fred Moderator

DANG right!

17. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

lol I know what you mean about the insiration thing.Still i'm no good at image editing but cant practice coz i dnt have inspiration and when i do it never looks like i want it to :(

18. Fred

Fred Moderator

EXACTLY! However, because I have become so irritated trying to make a decent sig, I have created a sig that I'm happy with... and here it is

Attached Files:

19. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Hehe well done Fredrick, lovin the lego man!

20. Fred

Fred Moderator

Thanks.. I like my "Linux box" :D