That time again...critiques wanted

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

In the process of another site for another business.

Some recording company for unsigned bands and the like. Any suggestions or thoughts on my current design appreciated, as always.

http://www.wafflesweb.co.uk/horizon/index.html

2. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

Five second critique:

Looks nice but a bit bare. I like the layout but there should be more text to tell the visitor a bit more about where they are (but not a lot more - I hate home pages with long scroll-bars). Also the side bars with Home, About, Services, etc. look like buttons but only the text is clickable. It would make more sense, IMHO, to make the whole graphic clickable. Finally, I thought the pic of Nirvana would be a link to a page describing them a bit more and why it was the Artist of the Week but it wasn't, all it was was a pic - strange.

Oh yeah, I assume you plan to make the Play, Create, and Listen thingys at the top clickable?

Waffle likes this.
  3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

OK thanks. I probably should have mentioned I didn't have any content to put up yet, and it was just example artist of the week, but I'll add some more content now to give all a better idea.

Thinking about your buttons idea on the flash header, I like, and will go now and introduce that.

Cheers

4. Addis

Addis The King

I like the colour scheme, but again I think the site is a bit too bunched up into the middle, like you should utilise the space at the left hand side more, maybe not totally but my eyes are used to seeing the nav bar cloer to the side.

5. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Very nice, good colors scheme, easy to navigate, simple and uncomplicated!
    Did you use dreamweaver?

6. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

i would maybe suggest to make it longer vertically a bit, with a scroll bar matching the color scheme

looking good

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Niiiice:good:
    The flash banner is very cool but maybe a little extra, the white background come across as a little too bare. Just some undistracting abstract stuff you're good at with a musical vibe behind the wavy stuff maybe.
    Oh and possibly make the headers like, Artist of the week a little more bold and distinguished, rather than just like the rest of the text.

Waffle likes this.
  8. Kez

Kez Geek Trainee

Ok, While i like the colour scheme of the middle section, the border arount the content is too blue. My eyes hit your border before your content and graphics, which shouldn't happen.

I like you banner, its simple yet attrictive to the eye. My only problem with it is having two sections beside it; the create, play, listen and the phone numbers. Its too much. Maybe place the phone numbers along the bottom of the logo and extend it.

Thats just my thoughts, you really have done a good job though :D