tv out

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by zeus, Jun 9, 2003.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

Does anyone know why, when I use the s video out on my mx420 windows is all blurry and hard to read?

Direct x is much better, though it could be an illusion because of the constantly moving camera.

I cant actually use the s video input though, I have to turn it into a phone jack and plug it into either a phono jack input or into a scart adapter.

The telly is 36" and 100hz..... I hoped it would work a treat!

Or is it simply the card being crap? Are better cards clearer?

Cheers dudes :D

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You might try a res of 800x600 and a refresh rate of 60-70Hz.
    For the S-Video input, you'll need the nVidia capture driver installed. If your driver CD doesn't have it (it should), nVidia has the latest driver on their website.

3. zeus

zeus out of date

The card hasnt got an input, just a tv output.

Ive tried both possible resolutions (800x600 and 1024x768) and nothing changes.

I cant even get it to work on the telly now!

But if I go out and but an ATI 9700pro will the picture on the tv be in focus and readable or are they all the same?

I also once bought a vga-s-video adapter. The adapter ran through a box then into the telly. This also wasnt in focus. I tried it with both my mx420 and my voodoo 5500.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I haven't tried the 9700, but from previous experience with the Radeon line up, the TV-out has been pretty good. However, overall, I've found the TV isn't as good.

In the meantime, there's this TV tool for GeForce cards. I don't have the link, but if you search for the GeForce FAQ, I know that has a link to where you can get the TV Tool.