U.S. Navy Launches Free Game

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by syngod, Jul 19, 2005.

1. syngod

syngod Moderator

While the United States Army has just recently enjoyed the three year anniversary of its first videogame, America's Army, the Navy has only just caught on to this trend of recruiting attempts geared specifically to the videogame age.

Navy Training Exercises: Strike and Retrieve tasks you with having to retrieve a downed spy plane in the Atlantic Ocean before it falls into enemy hands. To retrieve the top secret information from the downed plane, you'll have to pilot a remote operated vehicle through enemy infested waters, avoiding detection and marine wildlife.

When playing the game, you will have many puzzles to challenge you mentally. Some even require going to the Navy's website (Navy.com) to get certain codes to proceed. Obviously, since the game is a modern day recruiting tool, the level of difficulty present in the game might be a tad too much for younger games. Also, the game is single player, much unlike the Army's foray into games.

Lacking blood and gore, and instead focusing on testing the mental mettle of the gamer, Navy Training Exercises: Strike and Retrieve knows its audience, and will hopefully experience success similar to America's Army.

Download the game here.
    Source: GameDaily

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

has any one tried it yet?

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

*downloads*

I'll get back to ya on it :)

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

Now just need a Air Force, Marine and National Guard games.

5. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

A Marine game would be nice. i'm going to get it. Sounds like my kind of thing, I love strategy games.

6. ninja fetus

don't forget cab drivers. wait, done.

7. Cooper

Cooper Geek Trainee

I never really enjoyed Americas Army...Just seemed like a poor mans counter-strike to me.

8. ninja fetus

the navy game sucks balls. You're in the water in some...thing. You need to shoot other....things.... when you're going hell of slow. Stupid game, bad graphics.

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

its a game from the navy... the navy...

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol so not worth the d/l ninja?

11. ninja fetus

nope. Wouldn't spend the bandwidth on it. Seriously, if they have screenshots check 'em out it's really cheesy

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol i just looked at the screenies it looks like the type of game I used to play on my '95 box