very low framerate...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by BraveNewWorld, May 27, 2008.

1. BraveNewWorld

BraveNewWorld Geek Trainee

Hey, my system is getting very low frame rate for games and I was wondering if someone could possibly diagnose the problem, I've spent a while trying to fix it and I really don't think it's a software issue anymore, any input would be helpful, Thanks.

My computer specs:

memory: Dabs Ireland - Corsair Memory TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2x1GB 240-Pin DIMM XMS2-6400 CL4 (T2X2048-6400C4)

storage HD/Os HD:Dabs Ireland - Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 500GB S300 16MB (HDT725050VLA360) / Dabs Ireland - Samsung 80GB S300 7200RPM 8MB (HD080HJ)

GFX: Dabs Ireland - XFX GF 8800 Ultra XXX edition 768MB DDR3 PCIE Dual DVI (PV-T80U-SHD9)

c.p.u.: Dabs Ireland - Intel Pentium D 945 Socket 775 3.4GHz 2x2MB (BX80553945)

mobo:ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

P.S.U.:Dabs Ireland - Dabs Value Midi Tower 400W Black (8011LC4)

To be honest I think the slow down is in the mobo but just looking for a better opioion =).

Cheers.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What game?
    What resolution and detail settings?
    What driver?
    What's running in task manager?

Also, that 400W PSU is bundled with your case. Unfortunately, there is never a case with a decent PSU included. While I cannot guarantee this is related to your problems, these power supplies are junk and are not capable of being an adequate source for your system's power draw.

3. BraveNewWorld

BraveNewWorld Geek Trainee

Hey, recent games I can think of include Crysis, WoW, Suprememe Commander, EvE to name a few, drivers are the latest nVidia release for the gfx card and backround processes and just normal OS (WinXp sp 3) processes, which aren't too computationally heavy. You could be right about the PSU though, cheers.

4. select

select Geek Trainee

goto your grafix card control panel and override (?) settings for the games.