Videos on web page

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by smokey1uk, Jan 19, 2007.

1. smokey1uk

smokey1uk Geek Trainee

Hi,
    I have a very small web site for my dog club with UK2.
    I had the idea to put some videos of the dogs on the site. I had heard that you could have them set up so that you could just have your mouse pointer hover over the video to make it play. You could then have a few videos on the page that you could make play at the same time.
    Problem is that I havent a clue how to make it work.
    Do I need the videos to be in a certain format? I think the effect would be pretty cool and Im sure its straightforward if some one could just point me in the right direction.
    Regards
    John

2. thehammer

thehammer Geek Trainee

hmm, well I know that, that can be done with images.

With videos? Umm I don't really know.

But I don't think that having more videos playing at the same time will make your visitors stay on your site. Also a simple mouse over to start a video probably isn't a very good idea since a user could easily start more of them at once, and anyway it’s not very practical idea.

Also if you're planning to have a lot of visitors, expect your bandwidth to die.

3. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

One option is to upload the videos to Youtube, and then integrate them with your site. To do this, upload a video, then open the page with the video on and to the right of it, it says embed. Copy and paste the code into your website. See the attachment.

Attached Files: