Wats going on with HWF members?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Karanislove, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Hello friends...
    Is it just with me or other members also feeling like HWF is going very slow during these days unlike sometime ago???:O
    Is everyone busy with some kind of stuff?? or is it just me feeling like things are slow??:confused: I think everybody is not spending the same time on HWF like they used to spend earlier.:O . M i Right??:doh:

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I know I'm not spending as much time on here, that's because I have Uni, and a job. I also have assignments to do and exams to revise for. Then there's the all-important drinking / partying that must be done of an evening.

3. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Yeah, this place has been like a ghost town recently. Personally, I've been very busy with studying. Not only that, but I've been spending a lot of time building a CCTV system. I haven't been able to dedicate much time at all to these forums. I guess everyone else is also busy around this time of year?

I was going to help out in a few forums, only to find there's barely any cries for help right now! Nothing in the Windows forum, not much in the Hardware forums either.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Every forum goes through dry patches, people have other things to do.

Whenever I'm at my computer I have HWF open in a tab, I just don't post very regularly.

[ot]Kaffeine is pi$$ing me off...[/ot]

5. megamaced

[ot]Been there, done that :D

BTW, are you using Kaffeine 0.7.1, the version that comes pre-installed with Dapper? If so, you might be interested to know that i've backported 0.8.3 from Feisty and it's much, much better. I'll upload it to zshare this evening and give you a link. You can install it with dpkg [/ot]

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

[ot]I am using 0.7.1 - it just crashes so often that I sit there shouting at my laptop... I don't think I've been able to watch a DVD without it crashing...[/ot]

7. Addis

Addis The King

I haven't been posting as much recently, I don't really know why. I guess I've had other things on my mind and a lot of the new threads just seem tedious to read through.

8. zeus

zeus out of date

Ive not been posting much either.... its not my PC, its my stepdads and the more he works the less time I get to browse.

9. megamaced

LOL, I know what you mean

10. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

It's the same way with every forum...you have your ' regular ' posters who eventually run out of new exciting topics to discuss between themselves and you fall into that old friend ' what should we talk about now? ' doldrum...

then you get a boost of one or two or three ' new regular posters ' who throw into the mix and create ' renewed interest '...someone new to talk to, find out about, etc...etc...etc...

it's kinda like hanging around with your friends week after week, month after month, year after year...eventually...you just run out of new and interesting things to talk about...a rut...

so...you need to throw something new into the mix now and again...

just like....hummmmmmmmm...what do they call that?...errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....what's that name again?...hummmmmmmmmmm...

Real Life! :D

11. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

In addition to that, reading the same questions over and over again has it's limits. Something different would be nice every once and a while.

12. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i was going to post something about this, good one Karen, yeah mega pretty much had it down when he said this place has been like a ghost town.

13. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

So i m not the only one....good to know. You are true addis, reading same posts again n again, I feel bore now and so instead of reading the thread I just click on the thread and then immediately after couple of secs click on the other thread so that it doesnt shows up as unread thread :rolleyes:...

14. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

on another note, like at this point, i'm not sure if HF will come out of it..... It kind has me an unease, like i visit here and seriously it is so dead

15. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Since I've been here HWF has had a few slightly slow times, it'll pick up don't worry.

16. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Every forum has its slowdowns. I've been less active mainly because I'm awaiting DSL at my apartment. It's a bit harder to maintain my presence when I don't have immediate internet access where I live. If they don't have any more hang ups, I should have it on Friday (grrr...).

17. megamaced

This is now an old thread but it's still quite relevant. We are very much going through a quiet patch. I've never seen these boards so quiet. I guess computer hardware is getting too reliable these days and people don't have so many problems!

Bring back the hey days of 05/06! :D

18. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol, yeah, they have been kinda quite, granted i can't really talk, i've only posted in a couple help threads myself, but i've been real busy, lot of working on the vehicle, but yeah.

19. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, I've been doing other stuff lately too. Some of it involves time with a female...

20. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Big B has a girl? Aw man, I always thought that sig pic WAS Big B. :p

As for me though, I've been busy with my fiance and writing reviews for this very site. ;)

But it's June/July time, busiest time of the year for most people, got your people going away for summer and the people in education preparing for and having their exams.