WDM install error

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by woodmaster, Dec 30, 2006.

1. woodmaster

woodmaster Geek Trainee

Card/Gigabyte 7600gt,Problem,the WDM Video Capture driver shows error code 10, any ideas whats wrong here:confused:

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Maybe this could be useful:

Code 10
    If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is displayed:
    This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.
    . I got this from the MS website.

3. woodmaster

woodmaster Geek Trainee

Thanx for the help, I tried all that, it's a gigabyte 7600gt card and all seem's to be working as the driver for the card is a seperate install from the wdm driver although they are from the same disc that comes with the card, the thing is the fault was also present on my other pc as this is a new build gaming rig and I grabed the 7600 out of the old case, I'm not sure what the wdm thing is, is it to do with recording video, if it is I can live without it as i'm happy to use windows move maker.