web pages

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by littlesaj, Aug 22, 2004.

1. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

i am new to making web pages and i would like to learn, i need to find a host and a domain, if there is a chance i can do this free then please can someone help me please, i would like to make a fun webpage because i like seeing other peoples web pages and would like to be able to make my own

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's not the most glamorous, or elaborate, but Yahoo! Geocities is where I had a website for awhile (until Sniper got ahold of me a few years ago). It's got a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, and an HTML editor. When I was using it, you were allotted 15mb of space, for free. You could get some more space, but then you'd have to pay.

HTML isn't all that hard, and most of what I know is self-taught---mostly because it's easier to just use the HTML tags, than to have to go back through and format stuff and insert links.

3. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

hi with yahoo geocities you have to have that in the name of the web page i want it so i can have the name of the webpage i want like www.whateveriwant.com if you understand what i mean.

any help please thanx .

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I am not aware of any one offering free domains! sorry, registering a domain cost between $8+ depending on who you register with! e.g. namecheap.com charge $8.88 while 000domains.com charge $13.50!

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

And then, you still need a host for the website. Sniper isn't running Zone 365 and Hardware forums off his home computer.

6. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

where can i get a host from?...and do they cost any money?...

7. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

web hosts do cost money! but there are plenty out there that offer free hosting, you will find loads at http://www.freewebspace.net I think most of them will place an advert on your website!