Welcome

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by Waffle, Nov 1, 2004.

1. do50

do50 Big Geek

Yeah, it's a drawing tablet... but it comes BIG and is pressure sensitive with a wireless stylus and mouse. So you can do sumi, or get witch pen effects. Elements is included with the tablet... also painter classic. I use mine as a sketch book. The texture is great. Just enough drag.
    Google it to see all the models available

2. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

I'll definitely check it out...thanks do50! :good:

3. do50

do50 Big Geek

Right NF!
    That's the one I have.
    It works best with at least 1ghtz and 500+ ram. Anything much slower will leave you waiting to see the line you just drew.
    What makes it so great is that the pen is pressure sensitive.... set it to your touch and tilt. You can make the same kind of varied thickness line that you can with a brush. The tablet surface has a nice drag.
    With Elements you can build up "washes", paint like sumi, have something that looks and works like conte, use it like scratch board..(really, I think you can do anything 2D that you can do on paper.)
    Mmmm ... no...there are things you can't do 1.wear a hole in your paper and 2.spill your ink

4. do50

do50 Big Geek

Oops, didn't see that what I wrote this morning actually made it (got interrupted just as I was posting it) Sorry to repeat myself