What kind of printer you running?

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Exfoliate, Sep 24, 2005.

?

My primary printer is a...

1. Dot Matrix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Inkjet

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Laser (b/w)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Color Laser

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I just want to see how many of you are using what type of printer. I myself have just moved to Laser mostly. It's only for Black and white but I absolutely love it, my old Epson Stylus Photo 820 was cheap, extremely noisy, gobbled ink, gave poor prints, and wasn't' even very fast on top of all that. So my HP laserJet 1022 is a major improvement and spits out papers so fast I barely have enough time to staple them together before they pile up again. Best of all is the fact that I only need to buy more ink maybe once a year.
    Any way what are the rest of you using. Post your model and comments if you like too:)

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

*doesn't see one for no printer*

sigh.

I used to have some epson stylus on as shared printer, but after it being moved and I barely used it there hasn't been any effort to re-share it.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ooh, my bad, sorry man. And for the record Epson has plenty of good products, my old inkjet just happened to be a 'give-away' type printer is all.

4. Addis

Addis The King

I have a cheapo Epson Stylus Colour 480. Slow, extremely noisy and sometimes really bad print quality. Very cheap ink. Yep she's a beauty alright...

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I have one connected to the computer downstairs, i use that to print from up here. Its an Epson Stylus Colour 760...its old and was quite good a few years back...now it is very noisy...slow...and gets cloged up all the time if the paper isnt sitting absolutely perfect... >.<

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Little Inkjet Canon i250 :(
    Too slow but does it's job alright!

7. Addis

Addis The King

Mine is awkward because every now and again the rollers get black ink on them, so i use cotton buds to rub it off when they're moving while at the same time trying to stop by hand being hit by the print head.

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Mines a HP Deskjet 5550, its prints really good quality and ive never had any problems with it but ink costs an arm and a leg!

9. syngod

syngod Moderator

Need an option for multiple printers :). Main printer I use is a Samsung CL-500 color laser but I also have 2 Samsung ML-1740 B&W lasers printers an ML 1540 B&W Laser printer, 2 Canon i250 portable inkjet printers and an HP 1710 AIO inkjet.

10. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

HP Deskjet 840C
    An amazing printer. Simple and excellent results.
    However uses loads of ink and original cartridges cost quite a bit. Around £25.

If anyone is reading this thread - do not use compatables! NO! DON'T!

I bought some. All fuzzy and look like :swear:

If you want your 840C to do the job properly, treat her with respect :p

By the way can I plug this little star here - HP1022

It is an amazing mono laserjet. it is quick, quiet, small and boy is it light! We use these at work and they are brilliant!

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, nice Syngod and sabashuali, I wish I had a color laser but they're pretty pricey, about $350 for a low-end model that will only do 6ppm color but it would still be worth over the ink you'd be saving.
    Sorry I just noticed the allow users to check multiple items after the page had started loading, my bad.

12. syngod

syngod Moderator

Ink is a huge savings. Freaks you out at first paying $500 for the 3 colors and the black but when your able to get a 5000 page yield out of them it;'s quite a bit better paying $100 for a color vs $50 for an inkjet that does at most 500 pages.