What's best MP3 player around?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by matttibb, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

you could always build your own one, check out http://www.myplace.nu/mp3/ here you can find the information and links to parts, kits and upgrades for a D.I.Y mp3 player.

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Pretty crazy, doubt mine would work though.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

you can get the PCB's already assembled and the case is already formed the right shape and then you can add extras like a screen, backlight, brightness controls etc.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, now if only I had more money than I knew what to do with...

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

:stupid: a typical quote from someone who can't afford an Ipod, or someone who was given a Creative Zen or something alike.. :D

Today i was round my girls, and she's been given a new MP3 player its a Sony NW-HD5 and the specs are:
    20GB Hard Drive Space
    Firewire i394 connection
    70 Hours battery life ... yes 70

its pure metal, very light, is incredibly easy to use, AND its only £160 Inc Vat. on Froogle.co.uk

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

my god, that sounds amazing...what does it have a car battery or something?! heh

7. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

typical yet true, it's so much easier just hitting a button to next track than unsheathing and looking at it.

70 hours is quite the battery life, hefty price though

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

for that?! thats damn cheap...20GB hard drive+and 70 hours battery life+sony+ease of use+firewire (not USB like everything else) would make me think "damn thats gotta cost some moolah..."

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I don't know where you guys are looking for the specs on that Sony as all the sources I looked at, including Amazon said 40hr battery life and USB. Which is still really good but not the same. It's about $280 in the US.

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

11. Foxy

Foxy Geek Trainee

Well i've got the Iriver h120, it is a bit old and has gone off the shelves but it is good. Not very durable though. The screen cracked and i'm in the process of sending it off. In the meantime the remote has gone faulty too. In terms of when it is all working fine .It is soo stylsih and slick. Comes with a nice case with holes for all the buttons (something Creatives players don't come with) sound quality is good. Plays OGG vorbis too. Also Ipod is a fashion accessory, not always most practical sometimes it doesn't allow you to legally download songs from any other music service other than that of itunes. http://www.napster.co.uk/using_napster/ipod_and_napster.html An interesting link. Though if you want legal music i like the look of http://internetdownloads.org

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool, yeah ipods suck quite frankly (and i have one) i just dont like them anymore, almost everyone i know has had their headphones break. mine is scratched and has decided to stop working number of times, managed to get it working again but my friends just keeps freezing, he's gotta send it off sometime soon.