xbox 360 fact sheet

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Exfoliate, May 14, 2005.

1. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

And yet im still going PS3, frankly I just dont want to supprt Microsoft any more than I already do

2. Addis

Addis The King

so am I. Game developers problem not mine :D

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

na, game developers will manage, xbox 360 will die

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol it wont die, hardcore xbox fans will buy it, gadget freaks will buy it, loadsa ppl will buy it, it wont even come close to dieing.

5. Willz

it will compared to ps3 :p

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No matter what it will look like heaven with cool silver/black styling compaired to the 5+ year old console that should have been replaced 3 years ago. That's the problem with consoles by the time they come out the computer industry will be almost there, just more expensive, give it a couple years and the consoles will look horrid and overpriced.

7. Willz

i am seriously thinking of not bothering buying a ps3 or xbox 360, becouse if thats the case, i will be able to build a computer better than a ps3 or xbox 360 in a couple of years, its worth keeping hold of your money for the time being and saving up to build the rig of your dreams :p

8. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

ps3 plays blu-ray disc

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The only reason to get a console is for a different variety of games, not the game play/graphics etc. Blue ray will be good though as zRock said. For those looking to blow 500-600 dollars on a total home media center that will play amazing looking games, but doesn't want, or know how to upgrade should buy the PS3 I suppose. If you want kick ass and aren't future concious then I can see that as a viable alternative to a new PC, much better value at least, if games are your thing.

10. Willz

Wont blu-ray disks ever feture on pc's?

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

if the PS3 can be cracked and used as a full home PC then I will buy it. Blu-ray should come out for PC's soon.

12. Willz

lol, if it can be cracked and used as a home pc, will there be instructions on how to do it, and what hardware to purchase, so you can use mouse and keyboard?

13. ninja fetus

chances are it will just be usb2.0 like the xbox uses. Maybe switch a few pins here and there then BAM. Most likely there will be instructions to do so. You can pay people to mod your xbox into a full working Linux PC while still keeping it's ability to play games AND it can store games on it's hard drive for faster game loads and access. How cool is that

14. Willz

linux, fgs whats so good about linux, i think windows is better.

15. ninja fetus

windows isn't better. Linux is more stable, almost perfect security faster and free. It's a little harder to learn. No viruses or spyware though!

16. Willz

yea, but i like to just install an operating system, then install all my games and stuff on it, it only taked me about 3 hours to set up windows xp and install all my stuff on, how long will it take on linux, becouse i will have to do all that messing about to get games to work, i would be straight onto linux if it would support all games and applications that windows xp does, and if it had a start bar and start menu at the bottom.

hey can mac operating systems work on pc's ?

17. ninja fetus

mac OSX can be emulated and run on a PC yes. You have to be pretty familiar with linux to fully setup games and stuff. It's kinda complicated. Linux supports all games, but you have to emulated them with Wine or Cedega.

18. Willz

and is this very very very very very very very very very hard?

19. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Not with sufficient knowledge. There are plenty of great books around.

And once you have finialised the installation of Linux and the games, you can look forward to a lot more performance within them, as Linux and its multiple derivatives are a lot better with multi tasking and the like.

[OT]I'm a total Linux n00b, so you probably shouldn't believe that what I said is the truth, but I think it is. AT is the expert to turn to here.[/OT]

20. Willz

oh right :), cant a playstation 2 be modded to have an operating system on, if a HDD is put in it?