Yellow Tipbar Annoyance

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Dwarfer, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

hi you know them little yellow popups with winxp that appear when windows is telling you things (see pic) well i get one that wont let me disable (typical for a company) it keeps popping up every time i start windows

does anyone know how to remove this blasting thing. i dont mind the others, but this is really annoying, nvidia doesnt want people to remove it coz by annoying the customers it brings them extra profit (premature comment but more to it than that)

thanks any suggestions will be appreachated

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

if you don't use any of the stuff it provides, then use this to deselect it starting up at boot time

3. zeus

zeus out of date

msconfig in the run menu does what that program does, if you dont want to install another program that is.

Those little bubbles are annoying as hell. I hate them!

4. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea but you don't want to keep the nVidia console from running at startup. You can, however, keep that icon from appearing in the taskbar by right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Properties." Then, in the "Taskbar" tab, click "Customize" (in the "Notification Area" section). then find the nVidia taskbar icon and change the "Behavior" to "Always Hide." Hope that helps.

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

there is a registry tweak to disable baloon pop-ups, when using XP i used X-Setup to disable baloon pop-ups, not that i can remember where you disable baloon pop-ups, X-Setup was freeware but i think their probably charging for it by now

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

that did it, thanks!

thank you all