How To Overclock An AMD 64

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Willz, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i feel that this cpu could actually reach 3.0ghz.
    i am happy with 2.8ghz, very very happy :D, i just am very curious as to what this thing can do, as its 100% stable at 2.8ghz, i would of been happy with 90% stability aswell.
    do you think i should give it a try?
    as, i dont want to decrease my cpu lifespan, so i am wondering if 3.0ghz is pushing it and could decrease my cpu lifespan even if i keep voltage at 1.45

oh and here is screenie of everything at 2.8ghz
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/thehub/2.jpg

at the moment, i have alterd to cpu/memory ratio, and at 2.8ghz on the cpu, the memory is still at stock of 400mhz :D.
    i had the reduce the ht multiplyer to x3, as at the 254mhz the fsb is at, when it was on x4, it was making the ht go over 2ghz, and i had to reset the cmos by shorting the pins, i think the fsb is i the region of 1.7ghz~1.8ghz

at the moent everyhting is good, but i am worried one day i will turn the computer on, to find that the cpu has given up, and has died, has anyone got any idea how long this cpu would last at this speed of 2.8ghz, if it is proberbly less than 1 year, then i will ut back to 2.6ghz or 2.4ghz, maybe bac to 2.2ghz.

i know i sound silly, its just i really dont want to kill any parts, as i would be in deep trouble, i wouldent be able to get any college work done etc..