I need some help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by CrunchPB, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Glad to hear you got it sorted and stable :)

Do you mean fans continue to run indefinitely after you power down your system? Do you know which ones do this?

2. CrunchPB

CrunchPB Geek Trainee

Well I shut it down and here is what i got. Every single fan runs after i shut it down even the processor fan. Also the Disk activity light and my power light stay on and i move the mouse and push buttons on the keyboard and it wont do nothing lol so something is cut off.....but what lol thanks for any input Ferg.

3. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Sounds like it isn't actually turned off then, more like some kind of standby state - are you just pressing the power button on your computer?, what happens if you go start>shutdown?

4. CrunchPB

CrunchPB Geek Trainee

Sorry I did not emphasize on that I am using windows to cut it off. it dont cut off lol. And besides even if I hold in my power button it still wont cut off. So its kinda strange.

5. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

That sounds to me like something is going wrong with the motherboard telling the atx power supply to turn off. So all these fans run indefinitely unless you unplug the system?

6. CrunchPB

CrunchPB Geek Trainee

Ferg are you here if so could you get on msn messenger?
    Also ur saying that the motherboard is cutting off but its not shutting off the powersupply? Is there anything i can do?

and as always thanks for the feedback ....my email add on msn messenger is [email protected]

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

From what I've read, those Antec Basiq units are really poor. [H]ard|OCP did a $50 PSU roundup and, like the rest of the units, it sucked horribly. While you don't need a monster 1000W, I'd strongly encourage you to pick up a better unit, as that's my second guess after an overheating issue.
    If I remember correctly, the A7N8X-E tended to report temps warmer than what they actually were, but I could be wrong. It's been a long time since I had mine.