Mother Board or CPU.... Your opinions

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by embalmer, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i think it will be a faulty temperature sensor, however, pentium 4's can handle up to 95 degrees, my pentium 4 3.0ghz prescott could anyway.

if it feels cool them it will be a faulty temperature sensor, is the temperture sensor actually on the cpu, or on the motherboard?.

with my pentium 4 cpu, i was getting 64 degrees at load, when i touched the AC Freezer 4 heatsink, it was barely hot.

so i had a faulty sensor, must be a thing with pentium 4's :\

2. embalmer

embalmer Geek Trainee

oh i can definately touch the heat sync thats not a problem at all it doesnt feel too hot neither :) so hopefully its a faulty sensor went out and bought the thermaltake big typhoon though just incase ;)

3. Willz

have you installed the new cooler yet?

4. embalmer

embalmer Geek Trainee

no not yet as of now its runnning in the sateady high 60's/low 70's

5. Willz

Thats still too hot :eek:

6. embalmer

embalmer Geek Trainee

i figured it would be but im too busy running into little snags like this front usb controller..... i put the usb jumper headers or whatever you awnt to call em appropriate on the mother board but im still not getting nothing.... i changed the default jumper headers to 5+v too and changed it back and nothings working... its getting retarded because i see them in the device manager but anything i plug in is not showing up.... any suggestions?