New Graphics Card ??

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Trufflees, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

standard or stock speed in 3d mode should be 375MHz, i think you sould install the latest drivers, if you have allready got the latest drivers i suggest re-installing them, sounds like the drivers aint working correctly.

dont use coolbits, try a 3rd party program, like riviatuner, i think riviatuner may be ATi only though.

2. Trufflees

Trufflees Geek Trainee

rite will do let u know wot happens
    :D

3. Trufflees

Trufflees Geek Trainee

Done that but still getting the same results :(, i already had the latest drivers anyway

4. Trufflees

Trufflees Geek Trainee

well oc'd it and it seems to take to being oc'd, on optimal settings it chooses, the score on 3dmark 03 is over 1000 points higher when oc'd to optimal as oppose to stock, and temp is not going above 40c cant be bad, probably oc more but have bought it down from the optimal settings as performance is still better than stock.

5. Willz

what is the core clock for optimal serttings?

6. Trufflees

Trufflees Geek Trainee

I think its bout 435+ ?? i have it on 425 just to be safe and still not touched 40C even after a few hours of battlefield 2, which seems very good, think I could push it further but dont want to chance it, at least not while brand new and working A-ok

7. Willz

thats not bad, i would have it on 435 if you dont get any artifacts, but if i was you i would try to push the card to its max overclock whatever that may be.

as soon as you get artifacts just lower the clock speeds and monitor the temperature and then you should be find :good: