Next Step - Choose a MotherBoard

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Goliath666, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Goliath666

Goliath666 Geek Trainee

cool thanks,

it looks liek the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe fits me better but it says CPU compatible INtel Core 2 not like other ones saying Inter Core 2 DUO though.
    thanks harrack.

2. Goliath666

Goliath666 Geek Trainee

Soo Mr.Harrack Shall we discuss memory now

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yes for the motherboard i would say good choice with asus or gigabyte, considering they're the same thing, i've used them for all my pc and i'm more than happy, plus they have some very nice features. For instance the all solid capacitors so they last a long time. Like somone said earlier if your not going to huge performace or overclocking, corsair value selece it really good stuff, cheap and really good reliability. If your going for performance i would go with OCZ or corsair. I say OCZ because they seem to have good reliability but are cheaper than other top name brands. But i do agree that 2gb is a good idea

5. Goliath666

Goliath666 Geek Trainee

thanks Swansen. as you can see ive been going through the options with a fine tooth comb. to try n select what would work best for me.

Mr.Harrack. thanks for the options provided but the two memories offered are 667 and 533. ive read other posts from you saying that if you dont overclock then anything over 667 wont do you anygood. soo there wouldnt be a benifit of getting 800 ram. and when you say that do you mean the oc of the Memory itself or the system CPU n GPU n ram altogether

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Ideally you want to keep the fsb and memory at equal speed, 1:1 ratio. The reason I suggested DDR2-667 is because it was the slowest which met the following requirements on newegg: gaming memory, 2x1gb, DDR2, a name that I know.

There is a brand called pqi which answers to those criterias (except the familiarity one) and is DDR2-533.

There's no harm in running DDR2-667 @ 533mhz. It's just that usually faster RAM costs more, and there's no sense in wasting money. However that Mushkin RAM is only $5 more than the Kingston I suggested.

7. Goliath666

Goliath666 Geek Trainee

but if i was to OC then what would be the reason to go higher in ram speed.

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

You'd need higher memory speed if you increased the fsb.

9. Goliath666

Goliath666 Geek Trainee

on the CPU?

the mushkin mem dropped down, now its the same price as the kingston