Very slow frame rates

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by bobbyk, Aug 5, 2005.

1. LeeShore

LeeShore Geek Trainee

If you want roasting frame rates PCIx definatley ! My mates got an X800 ! I HATE HIM ! :D ! My 9800 has a 3d Mark 03 score of 6400 which i thought was not bad for well under a ton ! If you av the cash its a no brainer ! X800 or 6800 ! :good:

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

no lol thats tottaly wrong.
    if youve got the cash its either 7800gtx/ati's new card.

3. LeeShore

LeeShore Geek Trainee

To expensive !!!! :( ! For me anyway !

Willhub is correct though you'd need Roman Abramovich's wallet for some of these top of the range jobs ! :)

4. Willz

it is for me, i am worried i will regret buying the x800xl or pro or xt if i buy it for my agp8x system.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I doubt you will, it will be a major upgrade over your current card, even as well as it's performing now. Sure it won't top of the line but be satasfied with the performance, not just how it stacks up with other cards spec wise.
    Just so you know LeeShore PCIx refers to a different type of expansion slot, PCI's supposed replacement. It's used mostly in servers and Apples's G5's. PCIe refers to PCI-Express, and PCI 1x has proven to be a more likely replacement for the old PCI. Thought I'd give you that little explanation dude:)

LeeShore likes this.
  6. Willz

well, i found an x800pro for about £140, but i am put off buying the x800pro becouse it dont have as many pipelines as the x800xt, and the x800xt is far better, so is there a way to unlock the pipelines in the x800pro like with the radoen 9550 wasent it?, so then i will have extra pipelines becouse if thats possible i will go for the x800pro.

7. LeeShore

LeeShore Geek Trainee

re-exfoliate ! Sorry chief , PCIe is what i ment !

re-willhub ! X800pro for £140 , sounds bang on ! !

8. Willz

yea but like should i buy an x800 pro, i think x800pro aint that god and i may want the x800xt as the x800xt has more pipelines, or cant those x800pro's be modded to enable more pipelines?

9. LeeShore

LeeShore Geek Trainee

Dont know wether you can unlock pipelines ? Surely the x800xt is a faster card
    ie clock and core clock speeds ! THE FASTER THE BETTER !

To be honest though either card would do me fine ! They both smoke !

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

hehe, I sort of thought so, no problem:)

You can't unlock the pipelines of the X800Pro without flashing the BIOS to my knowledge. That's risky and will severly limet the cards life as you know. Buy a X800XL if you want 16pipes and just overclock it a bunch. The HIS X800XL has a beefy cooler if you're planning on doing that, though it's PCIe. Either way don't get a Diamond, stock ATI, Connect 3D, and some cheaper Sapphires, as they come with crappy coolers. MSI and ASUS usally have some high quality custom coolers.