What are you looking forward in Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by talker1106, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

I been using RC1 even when i made that comment :p, i am coming to like it yes :), but i am having to follow a guide to enable the administrator account just to install Unreal Tournament 2004 Lol.

2. Jackal

Jackal Geek Trainee

There was a shortcut on the desktop that was called, "Program Compatibility", that would let you run it as if it were on XP, and it gave you an open to run it as an administrator.

3. Willz

i went into Administrator account that microsoft Hidden, still i wasent able to, now i am starting to hate RC1, other builds of Vista have managed to get ut2k4 installed, and some people on this build.

Do you have Unreal Tournament 2004?

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

MS Windows is the only product I know of which:

1. You cannot resell legally
    2. Cannot be returned for a refund
    3. Is impossible to be made liable for loss of life due to poor quality

MS has a lot of lawmakers in their pocket. If you want to get Windows 100% legally, you must buy it retail first sale. :(

5. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

*Off topic*

And yours still works 100% fine with updates, right?

--

*even further off topic lol*
    I don't get it, how do those people selling it on ebay get anything out of it? How did they obtain it cheaper than their currently listed price if they got it legally? An OEM xp pro (not upgrade) is like $140 on newegg, for instance, so how the hell r those ebay people selling it for like $85??

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

what seriously not a steal, you payed a quarter or a third of what windows costs at retail

7. Willz

I have noticed that in Vista i sometimes get some lagging, i check Task Manager and i was shocked to find that out of 512mb memory, there was 0 left and nearly 444Mb page file usage :eek:, all i had running was AOL 9 and Opera :eek:, i dunno if the reading were correct, but man thats unbelivable, i aint looking forward to Vista's Memory Usage :eek:oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah it still works fine and updates and all, it's genuine for sure as it came with the little genunine holographic seal thing and was never opened or had anything untaped etc.
    As for how those guys make a profit off of new legit copies is a tough one. Probably they have connections with a school or something that bought a lot of liscences in bulk and then ended up not using some so they managed to snag some cheap. They felt they could afford to charge $85 for it as, like Swansen said, the normal retail is like $150 for some stupid reason for an operating system that has evolved little since 1999 with Win 2k.