What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Big B, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sweet, yeah only 2 people in my school have 360's (one dude payed over $800 for his:rolleyes:) and they're basically demi-gods. Fortunately I know them both. I sense I'll be playind Full-auto next week:)
    So with the core system you had to buy a memory card? Did you need to buy the HD cables too? Just out of curiosity what kind of TV do you have?

2. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Don't have a HD TV, I've played the 360 on one and the difference is barely noticeable. I didn't buy a memory unit with my Core system, my manager did me a special deal, I buy the Core and Condemned and he threw the unit in free, all with my discount, naturally.

Full-Auto really only looks ground-breaking for the Prince of Persia style time-rewinding. Although me and my deputy manager are planning to get some people over and do a 360 link up, that'll be fun.

3. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

While waiting for the person to mail te game to me, I bought Commando's I and II, for a cheap price. Graphics are outdated, but hey, it's lots of fun! :)

But for games like Dreamfall, Oblivion, Alan Wake, ... I will need my new rig :)

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Just finished Condemned... wow... wasn't expecting that ending, now I'm going for the awards.

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Ive been playin Vice City for pc...I had it for PS2 when it came out years ago and was on the last story mission and my cousin lost the disc and promised to buy me a new one...he never did. Got it for pc last week and been playin it since. I prefer it to San Andreas...I think they went overboard...made it too big + too detailed.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Cool Nic, oddly enough, when my friend was over a few days ago he found SanAndrea burried in my program files and I told him "Don't bother, it's not like it will work after installing XP 3 times" the thing is it opened right up and away I went. It really pained me to no end the next day that it refused to open regardless of what I did, go figure. Oh well I should start out with GTA 1 anyway.
    Anyway on a different note I'm now playing Once upon a Knight which is surprisingly decent if you don't expect a lot from a strategy game, Tron 2.0 which is a fresh breath of air in the shooter genre, and Chronicles of Riddick now runs great since I have a legit copy of Service pack 2. Really amazing graphics in that game at times, some of the best character models to date assuming the texture resolution is maxed. Fun stuff.

7. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Chronicles of Riddick is a great game, picked up a bargain on it to, it's normally £25 over here but I got it secondhand from work at £10 before my discount, well worth it for such a brilliant game. :D

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Chronicles of Riddick was a great game IMO. Gameplay was fun and was pretty to look at

9. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Got a new 360 game Friday and I gotta say it's the most impressive game I've played for it yet, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. I'm already addicted to the game. :D

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Just played through HL2 again. Then I started some HL2: DM, and that was fun.

11. Knev123

Knev123 Geek Trainee

same here, i just finished it again on the highest graphical settings available. And that was because of this forums help in upgrading!! thanks guys!!! :)

12. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

UT2k4, its very addictive

13. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

Anyone playing Oblivion yet? If you have it, what do you think about it, and how does it run on your hardware?

14. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

MMORPG's never really get on my radar. I've never been a big RPG person...which probably explains why I like Quake 4 so much.

I'm playing Doom 3 again now. I'm back to being not scared by it.

15. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Right now it's:
    Doom 3, HL2 as always, Pariah, AOE3, Halo, Republic Commando,
    Enemy Territory and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

16. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

I'm playing Beyond Good&Evil again... it looks so much better on my new card!
    I'm experiencing again why the game is so fun: there's always all kinds of different stuff to do B)

Also I played the demo of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (it was awesome) and the demo of Prince of Persia: Warrior within (which was, bleh. I much prefer the Sands of Time!).

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Cheers for liking Beyond Good and Evil, that's one of my top picks:good:
    WarriorWithin was a bit of a drag for me. I've never been all that good at platformers and puzzles so combining them like that made for some very frustrating moments. And since it was a buggy as hell on PS2 with hardly any checkpoints and more than one curropted save file I pretty much ditched it for good half way though.

Pelvis, what do you think of Pariah? I didn't get very good reviews but I still think it looked pretty good. What's your take on the overall game.

18. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Honestly, not much.
    The reviews would be right. I think it's a polished Tribes really.
    From a game that's supposed to be pretty demanding, i get about 120FPS at max res and settings. Dissapointing really :(

19. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

Does anyone have suggestions for single player adventures/RPGs/platformers ?

Especially if it's story-driven, with a cinematic feeling to it.

Now that I don't own a crap graphics card any longer, I can afford to purchase more recent games...

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

There adventure RPG portion of gaming has seen a lot more activity on consoles now for better or for worse. While it's not really a RPG/platformer as such Indigo Prophecy got rave reviews for it's powerful story you shape as you make decisions when you play.
    note: since you live in Europe the same game might be titled as Fahrenheit, either way, same great game.