Witch RAM?

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by XxX86Sniper8, Jun 22, 2005.

1. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

id owe you my life ex haha

hell yea haha

2. funkyputers

funkyputers Geek Trainee

unless you are working on graphics intensive tasks there is no need for anymore than 1.5 gig really. i am still using 1.2gig pc133 crucial sdram on my old 1.25 tualiatin machine. my main pc is used for graphics manipulation really and working at around 600dpi resolution i have not come across any problems so far!

for the gamer a better graphics card and better memory timing would be the avenue to spend money in assuming you already have the processor that kicks ass.

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

but lower cas latency does little performance game over average latency, though if the command rate is lower, it makes significant performance boost, and its noticeably

I have mine at 1T

RAS to CAS delay is also slightly noticeable if made faster

4. funkyputers

funkyputers Geek Trainee

yes of course, games pretty much create the need for faster and more technologically advanced components. if the games market had not been there i would have thought that we'd still stay with pentium 3 processors and amd might not have made such an impact among modders.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, that's a very interesting idea, games really have helped the industry a lot, at least the gfx card ind. anyway. But where would AMD be now if it weren't for the "fastest single core gaming processor" title if it wasn't for games obviously.

6. funkyputers

funkyputers Geek Trainee

you are absolutely right. many or my customers and people i deal with would swear by intel. many of these folks have ample knowledge of hardware and software to know that amd represents the best 'bang for buck' but they would not go for amd. if it had not been for the modders and gamers out there spreading the good word about amd it would not have made it to where it is and here would not have been the need for intel to make faster processors than they had before.
    saying all this, i am kinda happy with my 1.26 tualatin and when i can afford it i'd like to move to a nice a cool (silent of course) pentium m setup. if there is an amd alternative i woiuld of course consider it.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

A Pentium M desktop? Never heard of that being done, though I'm assuming you're refering to a new laptop which would be nice.

8. funkyputers

funkyputers Geek Trainee

yes, pentium m for the desktop. there has been several reviews of this most notably anand lal simpi. it is much better in performance for a camparable pentium 4. asus makes a sloket which you can put in your socket 478. there are several itx form factor motherboards available that offer the same platform wihin the desktop enviroment. basically, with less heat, less power required you are running a much cooler system, however, with that monster 400 watts psu than the 70 that laptops give you have a truly cool machine!

Exfoliate likes this.
  9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, I had no idea, very cool dude:2cool4u:

10. funkyputers

funkyputers Geek Trainee

its too late for me to dig it up but the article is somewhere on intel roadmap in www.anandtech.com

best regards