XFX 790i ultra and 6800GT (No Boot)

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by simon2009, Mar 14, 2009.

1. simon2009

simon2009 Geek Trainee

Ya a very good point spotted there :) and in time i do want to go sli so ill just leave it as it is with the replacement 790i and see how things work out. i just got a gut feeling that the ebay guy will test the board and say its working fine haha then ill be scratching my head.

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

just tell him aload of S***, tell him you've had the board checked by a professional and he says the bios is corrupt and you want a replacement if not i will report you to ebay and claim my funds back through paypal.

Before you send it back, write down the serial code, then you can check it when the replacement arrives to see if he's had you over.

p.s make sure its recoreded delivery :)

3. simon2009

simon2009 Geek Trainee

hope it don't come to that but ya ill say something along them lines.

4. simon2009

simon2009 Geek Trainee

Hi'
    I got a full refund :) im still out off pocket by £9 for sending it back to them and am asking if i can claim that back, i don't think i will be able to but at least i got a refund without to much trouble.

So now i start hunting for another motherboard that can tack my 4Gb ddr3 1333mhz ram and cpu although i will be upgrading the cpu to a q9650 some when but it will still be on socket 755.

Kind Regards

5. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

hey dude, so i take it the board was faulty then thats why he refunded? your upgrading to core 2 quad q9650 nice. how come you dont go for the Asus board mentioned earlier, scrap your nvidia graphics card and go for a ATI Radeon HD 4870? then you know you can go crossfire? that 4870 is a sweet card.

6. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Or even better upgrade to core I7 920. Intel CPU Core i7-920 2.66GHz- microdirect.co.uk

X58 (intel chipset) mobo supports both SLI & Crossfire LambdaTek PC Designer

you will have to sell your ram and uprade to ddr3 tripple channel maximum voltage 1.65v do not go above. LambdaTek PC Designer

Personally I would go with this setup, lastest tech with QPI replaces FSB and its also twice the speed of a 1600mhz FSB. memory controller on the cpu intead of northbridge reduces latency also 50% bandwidth increase on ddr3 tripple channel compared to ddr3 dual channel. 1MB L2 cache, 256kb per core, backed up by 8mb L2 cache. lower rds mosfets voltage regulators think its 14 phase power, ferrite core chokes cuts out impendences. solid state caps

7. simon2009

simon2009 Geek Trainee

ya they didn't say if it was faulty or not but we both know it was as all other components work and are in use right now.

Sli or crossfire ive really grown fond of nvidia now as there vga cards have never let me down unlike ati where i use to get random bsod but that was over 2 yrs ago. i will be also upgrading the 8600gt for a pair of 9800gtx or something like that what ever i can afford i guess. i like my gaming so it would have to be able to cope and my old 8600gt is struggling a bit now 62fps in rFactor on mid settings is how i use it.

hmm i got my eye on a
    Asus Striker II NSE 790i DDR3 Tri SLI Motherboard 1600

if i can get that at a good price ill go down that route and im of now to look into this crossfire option as i no nothing about new ati cards and the motherboard they fit.

8. simon2009

simon2009 Geek Trainee

that's an interesting option ya i like that it can do both SLI & Crossfire opens the door for change in the future.